Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

3.3

247 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   3 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

Applied to the Goldman Sachs Engineering division. Got sent a hackerrank and a follow up hirevue. All great and intriguing questions. Would be interesting to see what more questions they have planned in further rounds.

Interview Questions

• Programming: String question and one dynamic programming   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2017.

Interview

Internship interview is through HireVue, it is a 30 minutes process, 5 questions, 30 seconds prep time. They asked all behavioral questions and wanted a 2-minute response for each question. Haven't heard back in a week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

It's a quite smoothing process. If you know all of the questions about your self, resume, and technicals. As long as you are prepared, you will get through all of it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

Was pretty straightforward, did the programming questions on Hackerrank which weren't too bad but worth practising beforehand. The second stage was behavioural which was online; it was wired; you answer pre-recorded questions using your webcam and the system monitors behaviour.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us something about yourself.   Answer Question
    • what is polymorphism? what is inheritance?   1 Answer
    • The logic used to solve a problem based on the use of arrays.   Answer Question
    • coin flip and risk analysis based brain teaser.   Answer Question
    • regression analysis questions based on what I did during my course work.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Wasn't as difficult as I expected. There were 4 interviews all about 30 minutes a piece. Interviewed at the wall street location then had to take a ferry to their NJ location. Overall good interview process.

Interview Questions

• What markets do you follow? Equities, Commodities, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. And they invited me to a Hirevue interview. I had only two days after I received the invitation to complete it. Overall, Goldman Sachs seems really intense.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

I was asked to complete a Hirevue interview so I did and then waited to hear back but did not get a response from anyone within the company. I haven't been rejected yet but do not anticipate another interview at this point.

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose the university you attended and was it a good choice?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question