Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 11, 2017

3.3

220 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

This interview questions varied significantly by interviewer. Some interviewers asked a number of technical questions and were relatively skeptical. My impression was that these types of questions came from the younger and more junior interviewers. The more senior people I met asked questions more about my motivation and fit.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a lady from the HR team and had a great conversation over the phone. The general feeling I got was that they were very nice and helpful people and the firm/team that I was applying to had a great culture and environments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in November 2015.

Interview

The interview was disorganized and unprofessional. The initial recruiter did not seem to communicate to the team that my qualifications and salary were too high for the posted role. The worst part of the interview was having the team members cancel their time with me while I sat in an empty conference room. Eventually a junior employee came into the room and asked me to leave my business card.

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

5 rounds, mostly puzzles, a couple database questions around normalization, which also doubled as a stress interview. Asked to explain hash table and some questions about projects I had on my resume, what were the challenges, how we overcame, biggest takeaway, etc

Interview Questions

• Design a Vehicle database and explain the columns, normalization and relationships   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable as it was an offer for a university grad

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1 HR phone screen, 1 phone screen with a few members of the group, 1 day of in person interviews. The in person interview had 3 rounds; each round had 2-4 members of the team. There was never 1:1 in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Pasadena, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume for Strats division. After 1 week received interview request. Had hour long talk about background plus one technical question. Most interviews will then move on to an on site meeting at the New York office. They have a preference for former interns, which is pretty standard. It might be difficult to get in without any previous financial experience.

Interview Questions

• Given N people, find the average bonus of each individual person, provided no one can directly ask for any one else's bonus   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a video interview initially. I was asked to walk through my resume and then was asked a few technical questions. I had to wait for a week to get a response from them.
    The super day had 4 interviews. There was an elimination after 2 rounds. The interviews were mainly technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward - Applied through school career services, received an email setting up first round phone interview with an Associate and VP a month later (I applied early), Super day was a couple of weeks after that. Super Day consisted of 5 interviews during the first half of the day, mostly behavioral/minor technical, a break for lunch, and 3 more interviews after that if you were selected to advance. They did take over a month and half to let me know that I would not be receiving an offer - as if it weren't obvious enough at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call followed by a fly-out. The interviews were genuine and they did not try to trick me with the questions they asked. Generally, I needed a solid opinion on the markets and basic financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the duration on a five year bond if interest rates go up by 2%   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First was a resume screen through campus recruiting, then an on campus first round interview with an associate and a VP. Heard back within about one week for the Superday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews after which offer was given after 4 business days.

Interview Questions

See What Goldman Sachs Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Technology Analyst in New York, NY

Pros: “If you get a good team you're set. Make sure you get a good idea of EXACTLY which division you'll be in and your team's work culture. Goldman is a totally different company...”“If you get a good team you're set. Make sure you get a good idea of EXACTLY which division you'll be in and your team's work culture. Goldman is a totally different company depending on where you get placed. The right team will land you great hours and promotion/bonuses. Most teams will not be this kind of team so be incredibly meticulous when considering an offer. An Okay place to work that will be Okay for your career and will pay just Okay.” – Full Review