Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a video interview initially. I was asked to walk through my resume and then was asked a few technical questions. I had to wait for a week to get a response from them.
The super day had 4 interviews. There was an elimination after 2 rounds. The interviews were mainly technical.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward - Applied through school career services, received an email setting up first round phone interview with an Associate and VP a month later (I applied early), Super day was a couple of weeks after that. Super Day consisted of 5 interviews during the first half of the day, mostly behavioral/minor technical, a break for lunch, and 3 more interviews after that if you were selected to advance. They did take over a month and half to let me know that I would not be receiving an offer - as if it weren't obvious enough at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call followed by a fly-out. The interviews were genuine and they did not try to trick me with the questions they asked. Generally, I needed a solid opinion on the markets and basic financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the duration on a five year bond if interest rates go up by 2%   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Resume drop during undergrad. Had a phone interview that was about a half hour. It wasn't anything tricky—mostly behavioral. Then went for Superday. It was a long day and consisted of a few different rounds. I did get a few technical questions, but they weren't anything I hadn't seen before during undergrad or summer internships. That said, I know people that didn't really have a background had more trouble with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my previous experience, especially an internship I had with a similar company the summer before   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview process still ongoing. Received call from recruiter for initial screening. Went onsite for first round of interviews in-person. Met with one person in-person for 30 minutes. Afterwards, had a web-cam interview with another person at a different location.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs and why this position? Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. After ten days had actual interview at their Salt Lake City office. Four people interviewed me same day. It was not a panel interview. Each person took 30 minutes to interview me. It was a pleasant experience. Everybody was friendly and explained me about the company culture. Most of the question are behavioral questions except a couple. It has been 5 weeks and haven't heard from them yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the ethical dilemma you faced during your previous work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Back-to-back interviews with a total of five interviewers. Normal fit questions with a few technical. Make sure you know what you are talking about because they ask questions based off of what you say. Also, BE YOURSELF. If you try to be what you believe they want you to be you will struggle to answer naturally and find the sweet spot when answering questions.

Come prepared with a few examples of things that are going on in the market and relate them to something you have learned academically. The reason why I say that, is because theory is MUCH different than application and they don't expect you to know much outside of it. But obviously if you do have real world experience that is great and you should talk about it.

Be prepared to ask questions at the end as well. How do you measure the success & development of employees etc.?

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of hedging? What is an accounting concept that interests you? Can you tell me what is on the cash flows statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. One was partly technical and partly background (30 minutes), the other was fully technical (60 minutes). The interviewer asked abstract question with a kind of "what if situation" to design a vending machine.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

very nice and laid back. I went to the office in dallas/ irving texas and had two one on one interviews. After there was a panel that was able to answer out questions. I decided to accept another offer instead, but that was just because I was closer to the other firm