Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 26, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two people, each individually, then together. Pretty typical interview, but a bit higher pressure as questions became somewhat more demeaning, especially after realizing that I wasn't a great candidate.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, before being called into the office and undergoing several technical interviews with MDs and a competency based interview with the HR department. These all took place over the period of one day so it was quite an intense session.

Interview Questions

• They asked me whether they thought it was a good idea for the Fed to hike interest rates. Pretty standard finance question imo   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chennai (India)).

Interview

four rounds of interview, the interviewers were a mix of individuals from US/UK and India. Very emphatic but asked some good questions. The first round was HR telephone, second round was Business telphone, third round was live associate round and fourth round was vp interview round. After this HR forwarded the confirmation of selection and I dont think that there is room for negotiation of salary

Interview Questions

• if you dont get selected in gs who will loose you or gs?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very difficult but mostly relaxing and interesting. They mainly asked me about my background and recent news in the industry and how I saw it affects GS's business. The technical part would be the presentation where they challenged my ideas and followed up with broad questions.

Interview Questions

• What recent news do you think will impact GS and its AM division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Back-to-back interviews with a total of five interviewers. Normal fit questions with a few technical. Make sure you know what you are talking about because they ask questions based off of what you say. Also, BE YOURSELF. If you try to be what you believe they want you to be you will struggle to answer naturally and find the sweet spot when answering questions.

Come prepared with a few examples of things that are going on in the market and relate them to something you have learned academically. The reason why I say that, is because theory is MUCH different than application and they don't expect you to know much outside of it. But obviously if you do have real world experience that is great and you should talk about it.

Be prepared to ask questions at the end as well. How do you measure the success & development of employees etc.?

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of hedging? What is an accounting concept that interests you? Can you tell me what is on the cash flows statement?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Resume drop during undergrad. Had a phone interview that was about a half hour. It wasn't anything tricky—mostly behavioral. Then went for Superday. It was a long day and consisted of a few different rounds. I did get a few technical questions, but they weren't anything I hadn't seen before during undergrad or summer internships. That said, I know people that didn't really have a background had more trouble with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my previous experience, especially an internship I had with a similar company the summer before   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole process took 2 month, online application, numerical test, I was told to have an interview after 3 weeks of summating the application. First round is one -to-one based. I passed it, second round is three 2-1 sessions, I was asked both competency-based and commercial awareness questions, the interviewers were really nice, although I did not get an offer and HR was not give any feedbacks.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2014.

Interview

There were 2 interviews. Each with 3-5 team members/VP's. (Ps VP's at Goldman are a dime a dozen. MD's or Managing Directors are few and far between).They asked a lot of different questions about my background. Some were very specific particularly pointed questions about my education, what I learned, what was the most meaningful thing I gained. Between each interview there was probably 1-2 weeks. And the background check process took nearly a month. It is EXTREMELY thorough. After it was completed they wanted me bad. Like 2 days later bad. I had to quit my job faster than they or I would have enjoyed. They are a very driven group of people. When they want you, they want you. Also if you are fresh out of college they don't give a ton of wiggle room in regard to compensation. If you have experience though...you can make a killing.

Personal suggestion - if you can be interviewed in New York do. You can make a lot more ther temporarily, and then later transfer to SLC and be in the top 10-15% of the state pretty quick.

Interview Questions

• Hypotheticals. Tell me about a time when you didn't have any leaders, and you had to make a snap decision. Keep your cool, think before you speak, and you will do well.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It is a month long process and interviewed by 10 people. It was good to see that with you may work, they would aim to know you better.
    10 people asking almost same questions and then comparing how I answered to each interviewers.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed A LOT of times by A LOT of different people. They don't want to make the wrong decision. They ask a lot of questions to put you on the spot to see if you know how to react to certain situations. I had one interviewer ask about my hobbies section and why I liked a particular sport to see my thought process.

Interview Questions

• What are the firm's businesses?   1 Answer