Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 18, 2017

3.3

238 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had to do a series of tests. The interview was a video one and there were 5 question. I had 30 seconds to think about each question and 2 minutes to answer. There were mainly questions about team work, times when you were wrong and when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.

Interview Questions

• Time us about a time your friend was relying on you to complete an assignment, what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

A Good Resume is the one with a clear message in one glance. One usually doesn't have much time go through the specifics. Also, most of the resumes look more or less the same if you start reading thoroughly. So what distinguishes you is how much you can convey to a third person in one glance. However a crucial point that one needs to keep in mind is - The third person may be an IITian or may be not. So your resume needs to be optimally elaborate and detailed. Good at glance and not boring with details.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interview, first round with HR and second round with hiring manager and senior people. HR interview was for half an hour and involved general questions about past work experience. Interview with the panel was more difficult and involved various behavioral questions and lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you proactively solved a difficult problem and how you did it   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Mumbai (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

4 stages. Each will for at least half an hour. Interviewed by associates with 2-4 yrs if ecepeience. They stay with there own background and they tell yours. The feedback are stored in they database so can call hr. I asked what's the reason I didt get selected the hr read the feedback and said because they think you are too smart 😂

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a video interview initially. I was asked to walk through my resume and then was asked a few technical questions. I had to wait for a week to get a response from them.
    The super day had 4 interviews. There was an elimination after 2 rounds. The interviews were mainly technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. One was partly technical and partly background (30 minutes), the other was fully technical (60 minutes). The interviewer asked abstract question with a kind of "what if situation" to design a vending machine.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Interviewed by two people, each individually, then together. Pretty typical interview, but a bit higher pressure as questions became somewhat more demeaning, especially after realizing that I wasn't a great candidate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, before being called into the office and undergoing several technical interviews with MDs and a competency based interview with the HR department. These all took place over the period of one day so it was quite an intense session.

Interview Questions

• They asked me whether they thought it was a good idea for the Fed to hike interest rates. Pretty standard finance question imo   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chennai (India)).

Interview

four rounds of interview, the interviewers were a mix of individuals from US/UK and India. Very emphatic but asked some good questions. The first round was HR telephone, second round was Business telphone, third round was live associate round and fourth round was vp interview round. After this HR forwarded the confirmation of selection and I dont think that there is room for negotiation of salary

Interview Questions

• if you dont get selected in gs who will loose you or gs?   1 Answer