Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 17, 2017

3.3

227 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Mumbai (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

smooth process,but have to go through multiple interviews...focous is on integrity.they will grill on certain puzzles so be prepared, puzzles will be on choclates,look for emplyees for long term....be yoursef....many defence personnel also involved with the process

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

After applying online, I had a video interview which consisted six questions. Passed the video interview and got invited to the super day where I had 3 back to back interviews with employees from the chosen department. It 50-50 with the interview questions, as it was technical and with a lot of "How would you deal with this" scenario and "Have you ever" scenario, and most obvious "Why Goldman Sachs"

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kolkata (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

First GD, then 1 Personal Interview and finally a Video Conference round for Investment Mangement Division. The experience was good. Questions were average.
    It was a campus drive in kolkata so the interview process was over in 2 days and was very fast. The panelists were Field managers of respective departments

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

Long day of interviews — meeting different people. You have to be on your A game with each one. Make sure to email thank you to each person. If you get their information beforehand, send them an email too. Don't talk about being tired/busy — they think if you feel that way at current job you won't be able to hack it there.

Anonymous Employee in Irving, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

3 Rounds in total. 1st round phone screen interview with 3 VPs, 2nd round is superday with 10 team members, and 3rd round is an additional onsite interview with 2 VPs. Team members are very nice and easy going. The whole process is very long, I got the 1st round phone screen on 2/7 and received the final offer on 3/24...Be patient.

Interview Questions

• Walk through your resume
      Some simple technical Questions
      Tell me something not on your resume   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone for the first round. The second round would have been in-person, but I was not selected. The phone interview was with two people

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2016.

Interview

Two interviews only: digital Interview and subsequently (this) in-person interview if selected.
    In the in-person interview, there were three rounds. Each round has people from different departments. Each round is more or less the same and will have time for you to ask questions and feedback.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience relate to the applied position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with three different people 1:1 they asked typical questions about worth ethic and interests. Nothing was out of the ordinary from a normal interview everyone was really nice and genuinely interested.

Interview Questions

• typical interview questions nothing out of the ordinary   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in December 2015.

Interview

6 rounds. All on algorithms and maths problems. fairly simple and intuitive questions. A person with average level prep can crack it. I went through 6 rounds because I was shortlisted for multiple teams. For each team, they take around 2 interviews.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Singapore (Singapore)) in January 2016.

Interview

Given my location at the time, my interviews were conducted through either phone or Blue Jeans, their own video conference system.

First round was an interview with one of the Singapore-based staff. Mostly an overview of the resume/CV that you sent through the application portal.

Second round is the Blue Jeans interview with two members of the division that you applied to. Mostly competency-based questions.

Third round is another Blue Jeans interview with the higher-level, possible C-level, staff members: one based in Mumbai, India and the other based in Hong Kong. This round was much more personal with questions talking about inspiration to long-term goals.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs?
      Why do you decide to enter the finance industry?
      Tell me about a time when you encounter an obstacle, and how you overcame this.
      What is your plan five years ahead?   Answer Question