Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First 45 min phone screen with HR, which was very tough (attitude-wise, not the contents of the questions), after which I felt so depressed because nobody had ever talked to me like that. So I was very surprised when I got the onsite invitation a couple of days later because I thought the HR lady didn't like me at all. Mostly she was trying to stress me out to see if I would lose it.

It was a bad timing for my onsite interview as it was a first workday after a holiday so I was told many people were not in the office. I interviewed with two VPs and an associate. The questions were not hard (mixed of behavioral and technical questions) but I was a little intimidated and under prepared, that my knowledge was a bit rusty. But I did fine as I figured out all technical problems, some with hints.

I followed up with one of the VPs who gave me his card a week later, who didn't reply my email. But then I was emailed by HR twice the following two weeks, telling me I was still under consideration and would get back to me once she has an update for next steps. Then more than 3 weeks later after my onsite interview, I got a call telling me that my application would not be moved forward. 5 days later I saw they re-posted the position on their website...

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?
    Why Goldman?
    Why wealth management?
    Stochastic calculus
    calculate integral
    some brainteasers
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward - Applied through school career services, received an email setting up first round phone interview with an Associate and VP a month later (I applied early), Super day was a couple of weeks after that. Super Day consisted of 5 interviews during the first half of the day, mostly behavioral/minor technical, a break for lunch, and 3 more interviews after that if you were selected to advance. They did take over a month and half to let me know that I would not be receiving an offer - as if it weren't obvious enough at that point.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both of the interviews were back to back. The interviews took place on site. I met with two managers separately, each one of them asked similar questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a lady from the HR team and had a great conversation over the phone. The general feeling I got was that they were very nice and helpful people and the firm/team that I was applying to had a great culture and environments.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interview, first round with HR and second round with hiring manager and senior people. HR interview was for half an hour and involved general questions about past work experience. Interview with the panel was more difficult and involved various behavioral questions and lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you proactively solved a difficult problem and how you did it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Met a group of other candidates there on site. Each group of candidates consist of around 10 people or so and when our group got there, another group had finished interviewing and were leaving. 5 rounds with 2 people each, each interview was around 30-45min each. When our group was done, another group had arrived to interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, resume, interest, why gs, why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in April 2015.

Interview

Written test followed by around 10 interview round. All are of same level. Each member int he group take interview. When all group people are satisfied then only they hire.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

The 1st round was telephonic for the role of SAP BO consultant for their HCM department.The interview went extremely well and I received positive feedback as well.
    The next day itself I received a mail from the HR that they had found someone else more suitable for the role.
    Don't know exactly what happened there.

Interview Questions

• Basic SAP BO questions on loops,Universe design,alerters,report performance etc.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2012.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews, the majority of which are on the phone. Most of the questions are behavioral based, with a few critical thinking questions mixed in. Most interviews are with 2 people, though I had 5 of the over 20 total with solo acts.