Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 19, 2017

3.3

222 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Resume drop during undergrad. Had a phone interview that was about a half hour. It wasn't anything tricky—mostly behavioral. Then went for Superday. It was a long day and consisted of a few different rounds. I did get a few technical questions, but they weren't anything I hadn't seen before during undergrad or summer internships. That said, I know people that didn't really have a background had more trouble with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my previous experience, especially an internship I had with a similar company the summer before   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview process still ongoing. Received call from recruiter for initial screening. Went onsite for first round of interviews in-person. Met with one person in-person for 30 minutes. Afterwards, had a web-cam interview with another person at a different location.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs and why this position? Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. After ten days had actual interview at their Salt Lake City office. Four people interviewed me same day. It was not a panel interview. Each person took 30 minutes to interview me. It was a pleasant experience. Everybody was friendly and explained me about the company culture. Most of the question are behavioral questions except a couple. It has been 5 weeks and haven't heard from them yet.

Interview Questions

• What is the ethical dilemma you faced during your previous work?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in September 2015.

Interview

Back-to-back interviews with a total of five interviewers. Normal fit questions with a few technical. Make sure you know what you are talking about because they ask questions based off of what you say. Also, BE YOURSELF. If you try to be what you believe they want you to be you will struggle to answer naturally and find the sweet spot when answering questions.

Come prepared with a few examples of things that are going on in the market and relate them to something you have learned academically. The reason why I say that, is because theory is MUCH different than application and they don't expect you to know much outside of it. But obviously if you do have real world experience that is great and you should talk about it.

Be prepared to ask questions at the end as well. How do you measure the success & development of employees etc.?

Interview Questions

• Can you give an example of hedging? What is an accounting concept that interests you? Can you tell me what is on the cash flows statement?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Organized and structured. Some behavioral and some technical. Pretty standard. Some interviewers liked to put you under a stress test. Nothing unexpected. Just prepare well and rely on a little bit of luck. Brain teasers were pretty expected and no stock pitched was asked.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews. One was partly technical and partly background (30 minutes), the other was fully technical (60 minutes). The interviewer asked abstract question with a kind of "what if situation" to design a vending machine.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

very nice and laid back. I went to the office in dallas/ irving texas and had two one on one interviews. After there was a panel that was able to answer out questions. I decided to accept another offer instead, but that was just because I was closer to the other firm

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Contacted by HR with an on the spot short interview. One more phone interview then a superday. Phone interviews are mostly resume based, nothing unexpected. Superday consists of multiple back to back interviews, 2 interviewers at a time. Superday is very mentally exhausting, interviewers focus on your personality, how you deal with specific situations, and if you're truly motivated to join and contribute the Goldman culture.

Some tricky unexpected technicals, but they're just exploring your thought process and your ability to not crack under pressure. Be prepared to go in depth on all of the behavioral questions, they'll follow up simple questions with 10 minutes worth of follow up questions on your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why join a firm with so much turnover? Why this department? Where do you want to work within this department? Time worked in a group? Your role in groups?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I was selected through GS super day.
    Step 1:- Written test in java,sql objective types. They have asked two program as well in that. you need to write that program in paper
    Step 2:- If you clear written , they will take interview on same day. I have given two interview on same day and then they have asked me to go.
    Step 3: - if you clear interview, then again they will call for further technical interview with the particular team