Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in April 2011.

Interview

It is a month long process and interviewed by 10 people. It was good to see that with you may work, they would aim to know you better.
10 people asking almost same questions and then comparing how I answered to each interviewers.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

You will be interviewed A LOT of times by A LOT of different people. They don't want to make the wrong decision. They ask a lot of questions to put you on the spot to see if you know how to react to certain situations. I had one interviewer ask about my hobbies section and why I liked a particular sport to see my thought process.

Interview Questions

• What are the firm's businesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

Super Saturday interview rounds was intense. Asked a lot of questions about financial statements and GAAP accounting as well as brain teasers, WACC, and valuation.

Be prepared for the culture questions as well. GS prides itself on it's culture of excellence. It would behoove you to read up on the culture and identify ways in which you embody this culture already.

Interview Questions

• Do you have to tax a DCF valuation?   1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2014.

Interview

HR round,face to face interview,Panel Interview. HR round was to find my communication skills and then face to face interview was a little technical and panel interview was with the senior management

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Started with a group discussion, where they eliminated very less people, went on to an HR cum Technical round. Thereafter there was another technical round, and then a video conference. They asked me whether I was okay with a job wherein I would not be dealing with the clients on a one on one basis.

Interview Questions

• They gave me real life situations that they face on a day to day basis and asked my response to them.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There was a written round with 15 questions( probability + technical ) to be done in 60 min. And then the first round, they asked questions about project / internships, database concepts and a case study.

Interview Questions

• What is normalization. Explain with example upto 3NF.   Answer Question
    • You work in amazon and have to provide cheapest prices , how would you go about writing the code.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2015.

Interview

Contacted by an interviewer over the phone. Started with a resume overview, what I did at university, internships, etc. This was followed by five technical questions, with various ranges of difficulty. Most were statistics questions, a little bit of algebra and some logic. The interview lasted approximately I hour, although it was scheduled for 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Statistics questions, in a tennis tournament what are the chances 2 players will meet each other.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Contacted by HR with an on the spot short interview. One more phone interview then a superday. Phone interviews are mostly resume based, nothing unexpected. Superday consists of multiple back to back interviews, 2 interviewers at a time. Superday is very mentally exhausting, interviewers focus on your personality, how you deal with specific situations, and if you're truly motivated to join and contribute the Goldman culture.

Some tricky unexpected technicals, but they're just exploring your thought process and your ability to not crack under pressure. Be prepared to go in depth on all of the behavioral questions, they'll follow up simple questions with 10 minutes worth of follow up questions on your answer.

Interview Questions

• Why join a firm with so much turnover? Why this department? Where do you want to work within this department? Time worked in a group? Your role in groups?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2013.

Interview

Interviews were long and had multiple rounds. The Interviews were taken by people on multiple levels from Senior Associates to Group Leaders. The questions involved were same in all the rounds and they were repetitive.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hong Kong (Hong Kong)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hong Kong (Hong Kong)).

Interview

Had many rounds of interview (video conference, tele conference, face-to-face, panel), very intense and challenging. Whole interview process lasted for couple of months. Interviewers are very smart and nice, and you can feel that they really enjoy working in this company. Be prepared for challenging questions that you never think of.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle conflict in opinions?   2 Answers