Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.3

221 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2014.

Interview

Four people 3 VP 1 associate. Walked through resume
People are nice. Manager is cool.
I was impressed and highly interested in this group.
It was in University of utah.
One by one interviewed.
Many detailed questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 in person superday that consisted of 3 two on one interviews over the span of an hour and a half. Fair process. Questions were not too difficult. Interviewers were nice. I heard back the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

The interview took place in a hotel with a single senior manager at Goldman. She was rude and seemed to have already made a decision based on my resume. Seems like they are looking for a cookie cutter college grad from top tier school with a degree in economics/finance. Not very open to alternative degrees like my biology degree. Asked questions that require fast math skills on the fly

Interview Questions

• How would you do a quick back of the envelope calculation for the current value of a big company like Apple giving it's earnings.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

On campus recruitment involves shortlisting of preferred candidates and multiple rounds of interviews. In interviews they test various aspects like personality, technical know-how, what you want to do in future and organisation fit. All in all, overall preparation is a must, rather than focussing only on technicals or only on HR questions.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2014.

Interview

SIMPLE PROCESS. Three in person interview rounds and a final decision. It took 1 week for them to make final decision. Total interview time for 6 weeks as background check took 3 weeks. all the 3 rounds mostly asked the same questions to evaluate so the managers can decide which team the candidate fits in.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Interview

There were four rounds of interview conducted over the phone, this included one informaitonal chat with the team manager. This was followed by one day of on site interviews, which consisted of 6 back to back interviews spread across pre and post lunch sessions.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

Normal behavioral questions such as strength and weakness, but I only prepared for one of each, they will ask you to provide not only one, and want you to connect them together, such as how your strength would solve your weakness. Prepare all behavioral questions you can find, and prepare questions to ask them

Interview Questions

• why gs, strength and weakness, how do you solve conflicts, any questions for me.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Melbourne (Australia)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Melbourne (Australia)) in January 2015.

Interview

Two interviews within one hour. Mix of Behavioural questions and Technical questions. Spoke about my experience most of the time and then questions about why i want to be apart of the firm.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had to do a series of tests. The interview was a video one and there were 5 question. I had 30 seconds to think about each question and 2 minutes to answer. There were mainly questions about team work, times when you were wrong and when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.

Interview Questions

• Time us about a time your friend was relying on you to complete an assignment, what did you do?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kanpur, Uttar Pradesh (India)) in August 2015.

Interview

A Good Resume is the one with a clear message in one glance. One usually doesn't have much time go through the specifics. Also, most of the resumes look more or less the same if you start reading thoroughly. So what distinguishes you is how much you can convey to a third person in one glance. However a crucial point that one needs to keep in mind is - The third person may be an IITian or may be not. So your resume needs to be optimally elaborate and detailed. Good at glance and not boring with details.