Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview in a month.
At first just routine questions like why you applied this job, and what other jobs you've applied.
He asked me if I have banking background and asked me what investment is.
How many barbers do we need in U.S?
And he asked me to solve an ODE.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

Resumes were sent through our on-campus application system. I sent in a one page resume. Next, they selected our names and we selected our time slot for interviews. For the actual interviews, they came on campus and asked us questions for 25 minutes and allowed us to ask questions for 5 minutes. It was a 2 on 1 interview, but sometimes it can be a phone screen or a 1 on 1. For the 25 minutes, they asked us half behaviorals and half technical questions. Behaviorals pertained to teamwork and work ethic and how we respond to challenges. Technicals pertained to finance, accounting, valuation and industry trends.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

phone interview, Super day. Very short found out within a week after super day I was hired. Had to wait two months to start. Super day was very easy 4, 30 minute interviews all straight forward questions. Nothing difficult.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nyack, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Nyack, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

Interview with VP and an MD. The MD was extremely polite and asked punctual insightful questions, the VP however was arrogant and seemed to be there only as a duty, but was not really interested in me as a candidate or what I could bring to the table.

Interview Questions

• If you sell a coke walk me through what an IS, BS and CF would look like.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2015.

Interview

It was an interview over the phone for the first round. The second round would have been in-person, but I was not selected. The phone interview was with two people

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Brooklyn, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

14 interviews over two days, interviewed across two cities and with several management levels. Overall, very professional and easy to manage. Very impressed by management team. Felt respected throughout the entire process beginning to end.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

The interviewer asked me to go through the resume first and asked some questions about my experience. Then I was asked about my understanding of the position. We also discussed a little about the economic policy.

Analyst Interview

Interview

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

university interview
    Not very hard, half about resume, half about data structure.

I am not fully prepared, that's why I fail

Analyst Interview

Interview

Two technical phone interviews. Started out with basic questions; talk about your resume, yourself, favorite classes etc. Followed with technical questions, mainly programming. Both interviews based on one or two "core" problems. After successfully answering them they asked for finer details on the answers, how to further optimize, confidence intervals, etc

Interview Questions

• using the basic programming methods, for, while, if, random number generator and arithmetic to calculate some sequence or mathematical constant.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

I applied online and got an e-mail inviting me for a phone interview. The phone interview was 30 minutes with a member of the team I'd be involved with. The questions were mostly behavioral. They asked about ethical dilemmas, how you work in a team, etc. Two weeks later, I was contacted for a second round interview. They flew me out to Salt Lake City where the interview was only an hour long. I had half hour sessions with two senior members, so four people total. The questions again were mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• The hardest part was being asked to teach them a concept in accounting and teach them a concept in finance.   Answer Question

I had a much better offer already and I didn't feel like I would fit in well.