Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 20, 2017

3.3

248 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

5 rounds, mostly puzzles, a couple database questions around normalization, which also doubled as a stress interview. Asked to explain hash table and some questions about projects I had on my resume, what were the challenges, how we overcame, biggest takeaway, etc

Interview Questions

• Design a Vehicle database and explain the columns, normalization and relationships   Answer Question

Negotiation

Nonnegotiable as it was an offer for a university grad

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

1 HR phone screen, 1 phone screen with a few members of the group, 1 day of in person interviews. The in person interview had 3 rounds; each round had 2-4 members of the team. There was never 1:1 in person.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Pasadena, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Sent in resume for Strats division. After 1 week received interview request. Had hour long talk about background plus one technical question. Most interviews will then move on to an on site meeting at the New York office. They have a preference for former interns, which is pretty standard. It might be difficult to get in without any previous financial experience.

Interview Questions

• Given N people, find the average bonus of each individual person, provided no one can directly ask for any one else's bonus   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2015.

Interview

Had a video interview initially. I was asked to walk through my resume and then was asked a few technical questions. I had to wait for a week to get a response from them.
    The super day had 4 interviews. There was an elimination after 2 rounds. The interviews were mainly technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward - Applied through school career services, received an email setting up first round phone interview with an Associate and VP a month later (I applied early), Super day was a couple of weeks after that. Super Day consisted of 5 interviews during the first half of the day, mostly behavioral/minor technical, a break for lunch, and 3 more interviews after that if you were selected to advance. They did take over a month and half to let me know that I would not be receiving an offer - as if it weren't obvious enough at that point.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call followed by a fly-out. The interviews were genuine and they did not try to trick me with the questions they asked. Generally, I needed a solid opinion on the markets and basic financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the duration on a five year bond if interest rates go up by 2%   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First was a resume screen through campus recruiting, then an on campus first round interview with an associate and a VP. Heard back within about one week for the Superday. Superday consisted of 5 interviews after which offer was given after 4 business days.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Resume drop during undergrad. Had a phone interview that was about a half hour. It wasn't anything tricky—mostly behavioral. Then went for Superday. It was a long day and consisted of a few different rounds. I did get a few technical questions, but they weren't anything I hadn't seen before during undergrad or summer internships. That said, I know people that didn't really have a background had more trouble with similar questions.

Interview Questions

• They asked a lot about my previous experience, especially an internship I had with a similar company the summer before   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview process still ongoing. Received call from recruiter for initial screening. Went onsite for first round of interviews in-person. Met with one person in-person for 30 minutes. Afterwards, had a web-cam interview with another person at a different location.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs and why this position? Walk me through your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience.