Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2017

3.3

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a campus interview which started with around 100 students applying for the job. They shortlisted 20 candidated based on their CVs. The first round was mostly about technical questions where they asked about different market risk concepts and about basics of diffenerenct fincncial instruments. They also asked about new regulatory regime Basel 3.

Interview Questions

• 1. What do you mean by Risk?
    2. What is Value at risk and what are the methods of calculating it?
    3. If 1 day 99% VaR is 10mm then what is 10 day 99% VaR?
    4. What is the underlying assumptions while scaling VaR to 10 days?
    5. What is backtesting?
    6. What are option greeks?
    7. Asked some questions about delta and Gamma like what would delta be for a long call position and other qns about different positional greeks
    8. What is liquidity coverage ratio?
    9. Compare Basel 2 and Basel 3 and then some question around new capital rules.
    10. What are your strengths?
    11. Three weaknesses
    13. Some differenct situations around team work like what would you do if you feel that other member in the team is taking your credit.. etc.
    14. Example of a situation when you had to convinve a lot of people to get tour work done.
    15. Example of a situation where you had to struggle to achieve success?
    16. Why risk management?
    17. What are your short teram and long term goals?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2011.

Interview

I had 4 interviews. Two were in person from New York and two were via video conference with two individuals each time. The interviews tested my understanding of the role, industry, and expectations.

Interview Questions

• What's your understanding on the current industry? Describe recent events to demonstrate your interest.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I went through a fellowship where the salary was already determined on a range.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting for my final interview date.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2012.

Interview

initial interview was conducted at delhi and then all it was online, got thru within three rounds

Interview Questions

• Do not remember at the moment but it was related to case study.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

The hiring rounds are competitive and lengthy in terms of time taken for the interviews. They are also interesting and challenging with some questions such as - How would you sell water?. Overall an amazing interview experience

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview through college website. On campus interview. Easy questions. String manipulation and Data structures(arrays, linked list). Called for in person interview 2 weeks later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2013.

Interview

Had 2 back to back interviews. Each with 2 people.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the finance course you liked the most in college.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

My first interview was by phone. It lasted about 30 minutes. I was asked a few questions about my background and also some technical questions. I did pretty well by being straightforward and substantial. I was invited to come in and had a 5 hour interview with different people. Some questions related to the overall economy, my educational background, why I wanted to work for Goldman, how I could add value and my long term goals. Questions became more specific about ms excel, databases, etc.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2013.

Interview

first round: MCQs on aptitude and technical followed by a couple of programs and an essay on 'why I am the best fit for GS'
    second round: Group Discussion on a given situation the group is put.
    The second round is followed by interviews.During the interview process the candidate's resume is studied by the interviewers and a lot of questions were asked on it.

Interview Questions

• Explain certain OOPS concept (which they will decide) without using technical terms?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

1.Resume shortlisting 2. 1st round interview with Senior analysts / Associates 3. 2nd round interview with VP (No HR round)

Interview Questions

• Questions generally related to accounting concepts, valuation, summer internship & a few guesstimates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation.