Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 7, 2017

3.3

221 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

GS flew me out to New York for Superday interviews. It was three 30-minute interviews with different VPs. Essentially, we just talked in depth about my resume and why I want to work at GS

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2012.

Interview

Very straight forward. No real hard questions. Very team focused along with a focus on past accomplishments. Went through 3 telephone interview, a couple teleconference interviews and two in person interviews.

Interview Questions

• How did you overcome your last mistake at work.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call followed by a fly-out. The interviews were genuine and they did not try to trick me with the questions they asked. Generally, I needed a solid opinion on the markets and basic financial knowledge.

Interview Questions

• What is the duration on a five year bond if interest rates go up by 2%   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

First 45 min phone screen with HR, which was very tough (attitude-wise, not the contents of the questions), after which I felt so depressed because nobody had ever talked to me like that. So I was very surprised when I got the onsite invitation a couple of days later because I thought the HR lady didn't like me at all. Mostly she was trying to stress me out to see if I would lose it.

It was a bad timing for my onsite interview as it was a first workday after a holiday so I was told many people were not in the office. I interviewed with two VPs and an associate. The questions were not hard (mixed of behavioral and technical questions) but I was a little intimidated and under prepared, that my knowledge was a bit rusty. But I did fine as I figured out all technical problems, some with hints.

I followed up with one of the VPs who gave me his card a week later, who didn't reply my email. But then I was emailed by HR twice the following two weeks, telling me I was still under consideration and would get back to me once she has an update for next steps. Then more than 3 weeks later after my onsite interview, I got a call telling me that my application would not be moved forward. 5 days later I saw they re-posted the position on their website...

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the table?
      Why Goldman?
      Why wealth management?
      Stochastic calculus
      calculate integral
      some brainteasers   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward - Applied through school career services, received an email setting up first round phone interview with an Associate and VP a month later (I applied early), Super day was a couple of weeks after that. Super Day consisted of 5 interviews during the first half of the day, mostly behavioral/minor technical, a break for lunch, and 3 more interviews after that if you were selected to advance. They did take over a month and half to let me know that I would not be receiving an offer - as if it weren't obvious enough at that point.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2012.

Interview

There were two interviews. Both of the interviews were back to back. The interviews took place on site. I met with two managers separately, each one of them asked similar questions.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screen with a lady from the HR team and had a great conversation over the phone. The general feeling I got was that they were very nice and helpful people and the firm/team that I was applying to had a great culture and environments.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Two rounds of interview, first round with HR and second round with hiring manager and senior people. HR interview was for half an hour and involved general questions about past work experience. Interview with the panel was more difficult and involved various behavioral questions and lasted for about an hour.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you proactively solved a difficult problem and how you did it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2014.

Interview

Met a group of other candidates there on site. Each group of candidates consist of around 10 people or so and when our group got there, another group had finished interviewing and were leaving. 5 rounds with 2 people each, each interview was around 30-45min each. When our group was done, another group had arrived to interview as well.

Interview Questions

• Questions about background, resume, interest, why gs, why.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience. Superday of 4 different rounds. Basic questions, basic answers. Ask about your resume, why GS, etc. Overall a good experience.