Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Dec 16, 2016

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online and then had to do a series of tests. The interview was a video one and there were 5 question. I had 30 seconds to think about each question and 2 minutes to answer. There were mainly questions about team work, times when you were wrong and when you had to make a decision with incomplete information.

Interview Questions

• Time us about a time your friend was relying on you to complete an assignment, what did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

45 minute phone interview, followed by 3 back to back phone interviews. If I passed the phone interviews there would have been an in person group interview session in London. The interviewers were very disinterested and didn't seem to want to hear anything except by the book answers to their questions. Two of the interviewers had very thick accents to the point of not being understandable.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm questions, basic bond pricing questions, common brainteasers you can find from googling. All of the questions I got I had seen here before.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The Interview was average, I was met with a member of staff from the division I applied for and a member of staff from HR. They asked me a mixture of personal and technical questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

First a phone interview, before being called into the office and undergoing several technical interviews with MDs and a competency based interview with the HR department. These all took place over the period of one day so it was quite an intense session.

Interview Questions

• They asked me whether they thought it was a good idea for the Fed to hike interest rates. Pretty standard finance question imo   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

Online application requiring CV and cover letter. Applied early September and was invited for an interview in early November. 30 minute interview - very relaxed. Was asked legal questions as a result of my legal studies. Also lots of competency questions.

Analyst Interview

Interview

I was coming in as an experienced hire. Round 1 was 1-1 interview with senior manager, next level was multiple interviews with about 8 people. I was there for a few hours interviewing. Most interviewers asked the same questions as their peers. Heard back from them a few weeks later with Job offer. HR were excellent to work with in terms of the paperwork side of things.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

the interview consisted of 3 parts: scheduler assignment, java and sql questions, interview with a vp to check my motivation and why I want to work in Goldman Sachs. I had to go to their office and have the interview.

Interview Questions

• what java patterns you know? Explain the decorator and factory design patterns.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole process took 2 month, online application, numerical test, I was told to have an interview after 3 weeks of summating the application. First round is one -to-one based. I passed it, second round is three 2-1 sessions, I was asked both competency-based and commercial awareness questions, the interviewers were really nice, although I did not get an offer and HR was not give any feedbacks.

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2014.

Interview

It was very difficult but mostly relaxing and interesting. They mainly asked me about my background and recent news in the industry and how I saw it affects GS's business. The technical part would be the presentation where they challenged my ideas and followed up with broad questions.

Interview Questions

• What recent news do you think will impact GS and its AM division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Analytical exercise - This Involves sitting in a boardroom with everyone who is being interviewed. You have half an hour to read through an exercise and build a perception/response to the case study. You are then directed to a different room where your thought process and answers are analysed by a senior member of the company. It is a very relaxed atmosphere in the interview and a different experience.

Once this is completed, you have a standard competency based interview with two people.

Interview Questions

• What is your view on unit testing within the workplace?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Waiting for my final interview date.