Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

3.3

65 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward - a long day at their office interviewing with a handful of folks both virtually and in house. Questions were not difficult and applied directly to the opportunity we were discussing. They followed up promptly with an offer.

After the interview the process went down hill. HR really dropped the ball in getting things squared away in a timely fashion. I sent along all documentation, required tests/background info etc. I followed up with them three times over the course of a MONTH and they continued to say "I will check and get back to you". They even re-requested documents I had previously provided them (three weeks prior) which was very frustrating. During the 6-week waiting period for a background check to be fulfilled I ended up receiving a better offer from another company and took it. The competitor had my background, drug, fingerprints etc cleared in 6 days and I was ready to start. I want to work for a company that make client experience a priority - this was just awful and a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• General questions about processes you are familiar with, experiences had, difficulties faced etc.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

HCM phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews. The HCM person was really nice and easygoing but the VP was weird and the MD heckled me. I can't rate it as a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard stuff, going over resume, a few "why" questions, a brain teaser, and behavioral questions. Not much technicals. It was a mix of fit and skills.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process is focused on fit. You'll meet with a lot of people who want to get to know you. The process can take place in a full afternoon or over multiple days.

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Farily efficient process. After an initial phone screen, I came in for a super day where I met with many senior and long-tenured individuals at the firm. They were most interested in my past experience and why I wanted this job. Some questions were quantitative in nature. Much of the interview seemed to be about finding out if I would be a good fit.

Interview Questions

• On a scale of 1 - 10, 10 being you work really hard, and 1 being you are very smart, how would you rate how you get your work done?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR for a phone screen. First round was scheduled for four 30 minutes interviews. Actually there is substitute interviewer and one other can't interview on that day. Two of the interviewers are new hire. Feels like they have limited information about the company and the team. So it turned out to be a technical driven interview. Most of question is focused on finance term. They may set up interview as a high pressure interview. One of interview is abrasive. Communication is hard because he kept interrupting when I was answering question. Some questions that they specified clearly that there is only 1 minutes to answer this question. Conversation with other associate is smooth and is more like a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Monte Carlo, What is Black Shores?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Interview

Long 3 hour interview. Had 6 different directors walking in and interview me one by one. Questions were fine not very difficult. Didnt get through tough.
    Only one compliant, they did not respond with a yes/no for a very long period of time.

Interview Questions

• I was new to US then and they questioned my ability/inability to aptly fit into to the cultural/professional environment of the country.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Initially I had a phone screening with the HR, and one phone interview with a VP. Then I had met 4 different VPs on a 2 hour long interview for half hour with each. I expected a lot more on behavioral questions. One of the interviewers were talking with pretty low voice that was hard to hear.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

Was invited to the new office building in Jersey city. There were 8 of us in a group. We rotated to go into each interview room one by one. Each room had two interviewers. I spent about 30 minutes in each room. I went into a total of 5 rooms.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

applied online, called me the next day. Interviewer said he would forward my resume to hiring manager. never heard back from them. I emailed to check up about to weeks later. no answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was surprised to find the interview process was much less technical than I had anticipated, the interviews were much more focused on fit, personality than the more quantitative parts of the job

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were about what my current role was, what i enjoyed / didn't enjoy about my current role, what i was looking for in the next seat etc   Answer Question