Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions

Updated Feb 27, 2017

3.3

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There were about 3-4 rounds of telephonic screening after which I was called to the office for an interview. This process lasted a whole day, through which I was interviewed by about 6-7 people. There were another 1 or 2 rounds of telephonic interviews after this - basically everyone in the team that I was joining interviewed me.

After I was made an offer a month later, there was a background screening process, so it was another month before I ultimately joined.

Interview Questions

• Lots of mathematical and algorithmic puzzles. They tested some basic knowledge of financial products as well   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2012.

Interview

Too Lengthy, and too many young supervisors who does not seem to know how to conduct the interviews.

They are only asking the bare minimum questions not understanding your background.

The managers were also late and do not seem to show an interest in getting to know your background
    and it also appears that are in such a rush to end the interview.

Further one manager did not notify the next manager and waited in an empty room for 15 minutes, before I went and find the manager.

Interview Questions

• The same repetitive ambitions, skill set, contributions to the department......   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2013.

Interview

The initial phase consists of a phone call from the HR Dept (referred to as HCIM). Went back and forth several times with availability in order to schedule interviews. Met with 8 different individuals, each having his/her own interviewing style. Ask questions - they frown upon not asking any.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Went smoothly with HCIM.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2011.

Interview

This was for their private wealth management division:
    Did two phone interviews on two separate occasions with more recent hires (both at associate level) with similar formats, but clearly different styles based on the personality of the interviewer.

First interviewer - Around 50% background questions and 50% brainteaser types. Did reasonably well, but got hung up on the last brainteaser that I had to be guided through. Generally friendly and answered lots of my questions about the position/department. Good enough to get me to the second round...

Second interviewer - Starts by asking about some points about my educational background and asks for elaboration. I've been asked about it in many past interviews, so talked through it quite smoothly, but he clearly didn't understand the subject at all (Monte Carlo acceleration techniques). He promptly switches the topic and start throwing math brainteasers at me one after another until I start tripping up a bit and he says "come on, time's ticking", instead of offering any hints to move the process along. Afterwards, he just says the "we'll be in touch" and hangs up. One of the rudest interviewers I've ever spoken with.

Interview Questions

• Given N noodles in a bowl and randomly attaching ends. What is the expected number of loops you will have in the end?   3 Answers

Associate Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in June 2009.

Interview

Tough Interview Process. Met with several different people within the department in which I would be working. Overall, the individual interviews consisted of various personality based questions. Some interviewers were tougher than others. Some asked about current events, while others just focused on my resume. I asked a lot of questions about business, growth, the position, etc.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy and got a call for interview. Surpsrisingly I was called for intervirew process only on a weekday and was expected to take a leave and come. I said no since I am comitted to my current organization. They called again and said they will schedule a telephonoc interview for me.Interviiew whicj was scheduled for 11 staryed only by 12. After first round they said I cleared it.Another 2 rounds were scheduled for next week.They happened and again I was told yjay Icleared it.They called me again saying I would have another two rounds.No feedback since then even after multiple follow ups with HR. I found the process quite unproffesional.Candidates who have inveated thier time should be provided with a proper feedback to ask for the least.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process is focused on fit. You'll meet with a lot of people who want to get to know you. The process can take place in a full afternoon or over multiple days.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2016.

Interview

Was contacted by HR for a phone screen. First round was scheduled for four 30 minutes interviews. Actually there is substitute interviewer and one other can't interview on that day. Two of the interviewers are new hire. Feels like they have limited information about the company and the team. So it turned out to be a technical driven interview. Most of question is focused on finance term. They may set up interview as a high pressure interview. One of interview is abrasive. Communication is hard because he kept interrupting when I was answering question. Some questions that they specified clearly that there is only 1 minutes to answer this question. Conversation with other associate is smooth and is more like a normal interview.

Interview Questions

• What is Monte Carlo, What is Black Shores?   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in August 2014.

Interview

There was a telephone screening prior to my face to face meeting with 4 different team managers from the division.The interview questions were more skewed towards the understanding of risks associated with my previous job and how it were managed, apart from wanting to understand my knowledge around my responsibilities and my achievements in my previous role.

Interview Questions

• The interview questions were more skewed towards the understanding of risks associated with my previous job and how it were managed, apart from wanting to understand my knowledge around my responsibilities and my achievements in my previous role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Yes, I did negotiate. If you have strong grounds to negotiate, you should.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

Very detailed and very professional. First round would be a telephonic mostly random technical question and resume screening. If that goes well, candidate would be called into office for a series of interview with team mates, leads, architect & senior managers. There could be a written test followed by technical rounds. If all goes well, couple of days later you might get the HR interview.

Interview Questions

• Can vary from core java to system designing & architecture. Data structures & algorithms   Answer Question