Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

HCM phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews. The HCM person was really nice and easygoing but the VP was weird and the MD heckled me. I can't rate it as a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard stuff, going over resume, a few "why" questions, a brain teaser, and behavioral questions. Not much technicals. It was a mix of fit and skills.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through 11 rounds of intervews. The process tookk 5 months. First 5 rounds happend in June over a course of 2 days. Then there was no update till October. Out of the blue I got a call in mid October and was asked to come down for further rounds of interviews. 6 more interviews took place over a course of 2 more days. Got a offer by the start of November.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding my previous work experience and there were a couple of case studies as well. I was asked about my strenghts and weaknesses (with examples) and a lot of other behavioural questions such as about a situation when I had screwed up and how did I manage to salvage the situation etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through 10 rounds of interviews. 9 out of 10 are technical rounds and I don't understand why they have to screen so much. I took 2 days of leaves to attend the interviews but they took more than 2 weeks to tell me the result of my interview. After the result, it takes at least 1.5 months for background verification and offer roll out.
    Interview questions are very simple and not much difficult questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy and got a call for interview. Surpsrisingly I was called for intervirew process only on a weekday and was expected to take a leave and come. I said no since I am comitted to my current organization. They called again and said they will schedule a telephonoc interview for me.Interviiew whicj was scheduled for 11 staryed only by 12. After first round they said I cleared it.Another 2 rounds were scheduled for next week.They happened and again I was told yjay Icleared it.They called me again saying I would have another two rounds.No feedback since then even after multiple follow ups with HR. I found the process quite unproffesional.Candidates who have inveated thier time should be provided with a proper feedback to ask for the least.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2015.

Interview

Right now there is a online interview where you have to answer questions (1 question = 2 mins max) and prepare for the question for 2 mins. After that you can have on-site interview. Very easy - mostly general questions about what did you do in such and such situation (did you learn something, etc.)
    On-site interview is in 3 parts: tech, business, HR. Where tech is assessment of software development skills - namely hard skills, business is assessing do you fit within the company's culture and they're you selling the company, HR - benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithms and simple Java questions (like throw in finally) + generic design of a distrubuted systems   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

There were about 3-4 rounds of telephonic screening after which I was called to the office for an interview. This process lasted a whole day, through which I was interviewed by about 6-7 people. There were another 1 or 2 rounds of telephonic interviews after this - basically everyone in the team that I was joining interviewed me.

After I was made an offer a month later, there was a background screening process, so it was another month before I ultimately joined.

Interview Questions

• Lots of mathematical and algorithmic puzzles. They tested some basic knowledge of financial products as well   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

I was surprised to find the interview process was much less technical than I had anticipated, the interviews were much more focused on fit, personality than the more quantitative parts of the job

Interview Questions

• A lot of the questions were about what my current role was, what i enjoyed / didn't enjoy about my current role, what i was looking for in the next seat etc   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kolkata (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was pretty smooth. There were multiple rounds of technical interviews followed by an HR round. They only wanted to know if the concepts were clear and tried to make us comfortable. The panelists were great and were very welcoming. All in all, a very easy, comfortable and smooth process with the panelists.

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2013.

Interview

The process is extremely long. Its not difficult. I had about 2 rounds of phone interview and remaining were in person with different levels of managers. I attended 8 rounds of interviews from Jan till April and got my offer only by April end.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to explain my current role and about the process, technical terms.   1 Answer

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview process is focused on fit. You'll meet with a lot of people who want to get to know you. The process can take place in a full afternoon or over multiple days.