Goldman Sachs Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 18, 2017

3.3

69 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2014.

Interview

Interview for the strats positions - highly technical, they want someone who understand complex math problems. You will need the background that would include both economics and complex quantitative studies. Some coding skills will be helpful too.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had a phone interview with 2 people which felt like a "good cop/bad cop" scenario: one interviewer sounded irritated and pushy while the other one was very pleasant and encouraging.

Most questions were quite generic and based on the details of my CV. There were a few moral questions.

Interview Questions

• Someone from the same university as you whom you know personally has got a hold of exam answers. What would you do?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Interview

pretty chill very relaxed

went to super day

nice hotel

interviewer was smart and knowledgeable

good place to work for but I had other opportunities

people were helpful and friendly

nice hotel

I was asked a lot of probability puzzles

many people interviewed there

Associate Interview

Interview

Interviews are lengthy and technical...with over 5 rounds of interview at least. Knowing your CV well is the utmost criteria. Technicality phases down as you progress and more managerial skills come into play in the later rounds

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was very straight forward - a long day at their office interviewing with a handful of folks both virtually and in house. Questions were not difficult and applied directly to the opportunity we were discussing. They followed up promptly with an offer.

After the interview the process went down hill. HR really dropped the ball in getting things squared away in a timely fashion. I sent along all documentation, required tests/background info etc. I followed up with them three times over the course of a MONTH and they continued to say "I will check and get back to you". They even re-requested documents I had previously provided them (three weeks prior) which was very frustrating. During the 6-week waiting period for a background check to be fulfilled I ended up receiving a better offer from another company and took it. The competitor had my background, drug, fingerprints etc cleared in 6 days and I was ready to start. I want to work for a company that make client experience a priority - this was just awful and a big disappointment.

Interview Questions

• General questions about processes you are familiar with, experiences had, difficulties faced etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

HCM phone interview followed by 2 in-person interviews. The HCM person was really nice and easygoing but the VP was weird and the MD heckled me. I can't rate it as a positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Mostly standard stuff, going over resume, a few "why" questions, a brain teaser, and behavioral questions. Not much technicals. It was a mix of fit and skills.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2015.

Interview

Went through 11 rounds of intervews. The process tookk 5 months. First 5 rounds happend in June over a course of 2 days. Then there was no update till October. Out of the blue I got a call in mid October and was asked to come down for further rounds of interviews. 6 more interviews took place over a course of 2 more days. Got a offer by the start of November.

Interview Questions

• Questions were regarding my previous work experience and there were a couple of case studies as well. I was asked about my strenghts and weaknesses (with examples) and a lot of other behavioural questions such as about a situation when I had screwed up and how did I manage to salvage the situation etc.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

I went through 10 rounds of interviews. 9 out of 10 are technical rounds and I don't understand why they have to screen so much. I took 2 days of leaves to attend the interviews but they took more than 2 weeks to tell me the result of my interview. After the result, it takes at least 1.5 months for background verification and offer roll out.
    Interview questions are very simple and not much difficult questions.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied through a consultancy and got a call for interview. Surpsrisingly I was called for intervirew process only on a weekday and was expected to take a leave and come. I said no since I am comitted to my current organization. They called again and said they will schedule a telephonoc interview for me.Interviiew whicj was scheduled for 11 staryed only by 12. After first round they said I cleared it.Another 2 rounds were scheduled for next week.They happened and again I was told yjay Icleared it.They called me again saying I would have another two rounds.No feedback since then even after multiple follow ups with HR. I found the process quite unproffesional.Candidates who have inveated thier time should be provided with a proper feedback to ask for the least.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Warsaw (Poland)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Warsaw (Poland)) in September 2015.

Interview

Right now there is a online interview where you have to answer questions (1 question = 2 mins max) and prepare for the question for 2 mins. After that you can have on-site interview. Very easy - mostly general questions about what did you do in such and such situation (did you learn something, etc.)
    On-site interview is in 3 parts: tech, business, HR. Where tech is assessment of software development skills - namely hard skills, business is assessing do you fit within the company's culture and they're you selling the company, HR - benefits, etc.

Interview Questions

• Basic algorithms and simple Java questions (like throw in finally) + generic design of a distrubuted systems   Answer Question