Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in City of London, England | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Interview Questions in City of London, England

3.2

HCM Summer(Teach First) Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

Application form was a simple 300 word covering letter + work experience history.

3 weeks later I was invited to first round interview. Typical 45 minute HR interview with a mixture of competency and knowledge type questions.

A week later I was invited to final interviews. 2 half-hour interviews with senior staff in HCM. First interview was more of a conversation with only one 'interview' style question and the rest was questions to the senior member and discussion of answers. Second interview was more technical regarding functions of HCM and ideas about issues in HCM.

A few days later I was informed of the offer and an opportunity for a full time offer if the internship goes well.

Interview Questions

• Can you outline a particular issue facing HCM with regards to recruitment and your thoughts about how you might overcome this.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation possible but very fair wage.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in January 2012.

Interview

The interview process was very professional. The HR at Goldman Sachs are definately one of the best in the industry. In my impression Goldman Sachs are looking for highly intelligent candidates with no need to show off. Big egos will not fit with the team culture at GS.

Compliance Analyst/Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in October 2011.

Interview

First round interview - compentency interview

Interview Questions

• How would you advise a hedgefund manager with a large portfolio who is about to announce at a conference that a Greek exit from the euro is inevitable?   4 Answers

Operations Work Placement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

basic competencies questions
    cv review and some questions about international challenges
    got invited to final round

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very different interview experience. It is very important to make a first impression there. In my view my decision was alomost taken after first two rounds. Remaining rounds were for checking fit to team. A lot of questions were around attitude , past experience and future ambitions.

Interview Questions

• What are your goals? What have you done so far to achieve your goal ( real life example) ? What do you plan to do in future to achieve the same goal ?   1 Answer
    • What is a swap ? What are common types of swaps ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didnt really negotiate anything. My current salary is too less to give me any room for interview. But the HR did ask me whether I will join if they offer without any hike from what I am getting. Later he promised they will beat any offer I can get in the street. No room for much negotiation but they offer you well.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in November 2010.

Interview

I have been invited to have my first interview and finished one database formatting test and had two short interview related to the test and competency questions. I got an email for final interview on the same day.
    The final interview consisted of 3 1:1 interviews, 30mins each. Haven't got replied yet.

Interview Questions

• Why do you choose Goldman Sachs   1 Answer

Team Manager - Advanced Specialist Asset Servicing Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

The main focus of the interview was on Goldman Sachs principles, which for a mgmt position I felt that experience should account for more. I was quite disappointed with calibre of the interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Explain the Goldman Sachs principles   1 Answer

I thought I was over qualified, and the calibre of the interviewers were not what I expected.

HCM Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in April 2010.

Interview

In a word - scary.

Really professional experience. The people interviewing me were truely brilliant people. A lot of respect for their knowledge and ability, but they grill you for sure!

Interview Questions

• Explain the impact of moral hazard on the recent economic crisis, and the impact that has upon HR.   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in March 2010.

Interview

The interview of Goldman Sachs on their technology interns is surprisingly non-technical. They do have case-study type of technical interview. But they definitely do not expect any "correct" answer from the applicants but want to observe how applicants analyze the problem at hand and present their solutions.
    Other than the technical interview, they have a series of one-to-one or one-to-many interviews; most of them are about getting a better understanding of your work experience and how you work with others.
    I quite like people who interviewed me at that time; they are a bunch of direct people, so you can really save bullshits.

Interview Questions

As an international student, I am not allowed to just take a student leave for an internship in the industry for 3 months. My supervisor and our department PHD tutor resent the idea of students working for banks, so basically they didn't authorise my leave. What a pity!

Finance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in City of London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (City of London, England (UK)) in February 2010.

Interview

I was accepted to take part in a first-round interview with the Goldman Sachs Finance division for position as a summer-analyst. I was interviewed by two interviewers who seemed very interested in the answers I gave. They asked the typical introductory questions- Tell me about yourself, Why Goldman Sachs?