Goldman Sachs Controller Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Controller Interview Questions

3.3

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through the company website and was selected for a hirevue interview. After was given a phone call and notified I had been selected for a super day which I was flown to Jersey City, NJ for. After the super day was not contacted and the interview portal updated telling me I had not been selected.

Interview Questions

• Can you describe one Product Control that you are interested in wishing Goldman Sachs.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Extensive. Goldman Sachs first conducted a Skype Coffee chat where they answered questions that I had for the division. I applied for the position through my career center and on the GS internship website. I received an invitation for a HireVue interview a few weeks later, where they asked a bevy of questions, mostly fit and two easy (and random) technical. After the HireVue I was invited to fly out to SLC for Superday, where I interviewed with 12 different people. The total interview process was about three hours.

Interview Questions

• Do I expect the Fed to raise interest rates and why?   1 Answer
    • What changes do I foresee for the finance industry?   Answer Question
    • Why Controllers division?   Answer Question
    • If an employee who was also a friend asked me to share information that my boss explicitly asked me not to share, how would I handle the situation?   1 Answer

Controller Interview

Interview

The process was pretty standard. Applied online and got an email to schedule a 30 minute phone interview. Mostly behavioral/resume review. A week later I got in invite to a superday in their NYC office. Was two 30 minute interviews back to back. Again mostly behavioral/resume review with some technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied for another position within Goldman Sachs but the recruiter considered my qualification for this particular role. Phone Screening, Superday. Waiting Process took about a week. Accepted an offer elsewhere.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Met tons of recruiters at a conference plus the VP of the finance division, got a call speaking for a few, just kind of like a screening process. Then the interview was filled with technical questions on financial statements, and situational questions. Also had to do a case interview with a group.

Interview Questions

• If $10 cash is added, how will this affect the 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

First round is a phone interview. Interviewed with an employee from controller team. Basic questions, such as walk me through resume, five year career goal, why do you want to work for goldman sachs, why salt city

Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

-applied through diversity symposium
    -was accepted into the symposium, got a call to gauge level of interest
    -flown to offices, had 2 interviews for three different divisions
    -heard back less than a week later

Interview Questions

• -What does GS do?
      -Tell me about a concept in finance? economics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

None

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by internal recruiting for a job as a controller in three different divisions within GS.

There was a 15 minute phone interview before any actual interview scheduled. It was very enjoyable and the interviewer was very welcoming. This phone interview consists of behavioral questions. You should expect high level questions like why do you want to switch careers, and why the job posting interested you.

I had ~20 interviews in total for the three different divisions. In general, it's reasonable to expect at least 6-7 interviews per division. The interviewers range from associates to VPs and MDs. The questions they ask depend on the division you're interviewing for, the rank of the interviewer, and your job duties. Behavioral questions are expected and there are some technical questions. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect a couple of brain teasers but this really depends on the position you're interviewing for. For controllers, you should expect to know how to DCF things, calculate P&L, basic valuation modelling, and everything you learned in your finance classes at school.

You're called for a second round of interviews if you're selected. The process is similar and there may be more technical questions.

Controller Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2013.

Interview

Goldman came to my school to recruit for summer controller interns. I got the first round interviews but did not pass into the second round. One of the reasons was because I was a sophomore. The interviewers came to campus a day before and held a networking session with us before the interviewed us. During the interview, they asked all the basic interview questions. Just be prepared and you'll do well

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite and least favorite class in college?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2013.

Interview

I got the interview by applying through a job posting on school website. This is a back middle office position. They flew me over to salt lake city for first and only interview round, everything was paid with 30$ daily allowance or something like that. Make sure you show interest in the specific job and location.