Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jan 6, 2017

3.4

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me after a month for a phone interview. There where a lot of behavioral questions and just three concept questions. I had the interview last week and haven't heard back from them yet. The interview lasted 30 minutes. During the first few minutes the two interviewers talked about what they did in the company. After that, they told me to talk about myself and started asking questions about muy experience. Finally, they opened up time for me to make any question I had.

Interview Questions

• What is credit risk?
    If you would have to choose to invest in General Motors or Facebook, which one you would invest in?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had office visit. I had 4 different interviews in one day for 2 hours, non-stop. It was somewhat intimidating experience, but was okay overall. If you look over the questions online and prepare yourself with credit risk related information, such as current news and financial statements, it would be very helpful. I did second round of interview, one onsite and one on online. Both of them were with VP and my online interview was held with London office. The whole process till the second round of interview took about 1 month, and it's been 1 month of waiting to hear back from them.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I feel that I may have been put through the worst. They asked some questions about my experiences and coursework, but then it seemed to get worse from there. They started going with heavy technical questions about bonds.

Interview Questions

• If you own an Apple bond, how do you mitigate the default risk?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Two rounds of interviews. Both were behavioral based and also meant to gauge an understanding of credit risk and an interest in the markets. An understanding of what it is and what metrics to look for in a balance sheet and income statement to identify it would be helpful. An understanding of hedge funds and different hedge fund strategies is also helpful in case you are being interviewed for an opening on that team.

Interview Questions

• What company would you lend to between these two?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online. 1 phone interview, and shortly flown out to Salt Lake City, all expenses covered. In SLC, after a dinner with a few from the team came the interview process. 2, 2 v 1 Interviews which were easy going, not very technical, though very thorough on my resume, followed by a written test and an interview with the MD.

Interview Questions

• Q: Who would you lend money to: Ford or Boeing, Ford or Tesla, and Twitter or Apple.

Other behavioral based of the resume.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2015.

Interview

The process was slower than my other interviews. I think it took a total of around 2+ months.

I had 1 phone interview with a VP from the Credit risk products department. He mostly asked me about my resume, why credit risk, what I knew about credit risk. It wasn't a hard interview.

Then a few weeks later I was invited to the superday at Salt Lake City. There were 2 30 min interviews with 2 VPs per interview and a short 30 min writing exercise.

The interviews weren't bad. They didn't ask me any technical questions, again heavily focused on my resume and past experiences.

The exercise was just a summary of an article and writing a few inputs on what you thought of it.

What I liked was that in between the interviews GS set up a casual meet and greet with current credit risk analysts

After the superday I got an offer about a month later
    My friend who interviewed for IB had a much smoother and faster process. Mine took twice as long. Also I was told that I was going to have a final phone interview after the superday but it kept getting postponed and then eventually canceled which was odd.

Interview Questions

I wasn't placed in the group that I wanted and took another offer that was more competitive

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for a different position in NYC but for some reason their HK credit risk team reached out to me and asked to give me an interview. After a week at the scheduled time I was sent an email and a problem set (in pdf). I had an hour to read the document and make an one page analysis on the overall risk of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to analyze a company's overall risk and type up an one page report.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

Meet with the team of risk management and all of them will ask you questions from different perspective of the position. People there are extremely professional and you have to be able to tell the true nature of risk management as well as the basic terminology of credit risk analysis.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct a thorough credit risk analysis, what's the main aspect of credit risk analysis.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Process took approximately months- applied in March and didn't hear back from them until mid May. Received an email notifying me of their desire to have phone interview. Interview consisted of 3 different phone interviews with members in different departments. Each asked questions about resume and what I knew about their individual department and why it was a fit for me.

Interview Questions

• They asked detailed questions about resume, about what I know about their company, and why risk department.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question