Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Credit Risk Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Got referred by a friend. Then a recruiter reached out for an initial phone screen followed by a phone interview with one of the team members, followed by 4 video interviews.

Interview Questions

• why finance, why credit risk, why goldman sachs, difference between linear and logistic regression, how to evaluate models   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me after a month for a phone interview. There where a lot of behavioral questions and just three concept questions. I had the interview last week and haven't heard back from them yet. The interview lasted 30 minutes. During the first few minutes the two interviewers talked about what they did in the company. After that, they told me to talk about myself and started asking questions about muy experience. Finally, they opened up time for me to make any question I had.

Interview Questions

• What is credit risk?
      If you would have to choose to invest in General Motors or Facebook, which one you would invest in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in August 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had office visit. I had 4 different interviews in one day for 2 hours, non-stop. It was somewhat intimidating experience, but was okay overall. If you look over the questions online and prepare yourself with credit risk related information, such as current news and financial statements, it would be very helpful. I did second round of interview, one onsite and one on online. Both of them were with VP and my online interview was held with London office. The whole process till the second round of interview took about 1 month, and it's been 1 month of waiting to hear back from them.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

I received an interview through a recruiting event at my school (UT Austin).

The process took about 6 weeks from the first to the last round of interviews. The group I interviewed with was extremely impressive, and a tad intimidating. They started off my first phone interview very polite and engaging and told me a little about their backgrounds in school - which ranged from one receiving an honors degrees in finance to another with a chemical engineering degree from Cornell. They asked a few behavioral questions and then quickly delved into more complex questions of financial metrics and risk models.

I made it passed the phone interview and was flown to Salt Lake City for an on-site interview with the VP of that office. I also Skype-interviewed with the VP of the team in the London office and the VP of the team in the New York office. They were all very nice and professional.

I did not receive an offer but was referred to a team in Tax Operations, who I am currently interviewing with.

Interview Questions

• Please explain how a DCF works/ what if you did not know the WACC
      What company would you rather invest in and why, Apple or Nordstrom, Microsoft or Boeing   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

I was referred to the position by another USC alumni. The overall interview process was broken down into a phone interview and three back-to-back on-site interviews. Cool teams, the Municipalities team (CRG) was my favorite, but the Credit Risk Review Group (CRRG) was a close second. Everyone came off as very professional and articulate, but also made jokes in my interview and tried to make me feel comfortable.

They told me that due to an increase in the number of analyst applications they received this year, they couldn't offer me a position but encouraged me to apply again in the future - basically a soft no...

Interview Questions

• **Could you please state a recent economic event for a specific company and tell us how that event could impact the firm's financial creditworthiness.
      **Out of Apple and Coach, which company would you invest in and why?
      **What is a DCF?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2014.

Interview

Had 3 interviews with 3 VPs, each responsible for their own team. Because I only had 1 year of experience, they mostly asked about my previous experience, what I did, etc. They also gave me some companies that they encountered at GS, and asked how I would analyze those companies.

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

1.Hire Vue video Interview- 25Min
    2.super day-90 Min
       -6 people interviewed me
       -half behavior questions, half technical questions
       - They interviewed three candidates at the same time

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2014.

Interview

I applied for a different position in NYC but for some reason their HK credit risk team reached out to me and asked to give me an interview. After a week at the scheduled time I was sent an email and a problem set (in pdf). I had an hour to read the document and make an one page analysis on the overall risk of the company.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to analyze a company's overall risk and type up an one page report.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2014.

Interview

Meet with the team of risk management and all of them will ask you questions from different perspective of the position. People there are extremely professional and you have to be able to tell the true nature of risk management as well as the basic terminology of credit risk analysis.

Interview Questions

• How do you conduct a thorough credit risk analysis, what's the main aspect of credit risk analysis.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Interview

Applied over email. it took a few weeks to receive an email back. I had an interview on a college campus and then one at Goldman in Salt Lake. After about a month I received a phone call.

Interview Questions

• If you were to pick a stock today which would it be and why?   Answer Question