Goldman Sachs Data Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Data Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Dec 10, 2016

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview as a first round and then on-site interview later. It wasn't that technical or formal but general interview process checking previous experiences and educational background. Also, there's brain teaser and some technical questions from some interviewers. There are three interviewers and the first interviewer just checked my background and experiences and with the second interviewer we talked about some technical questions like SQL.

Interview Questions

• Count the total number of trees in the states   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Spoke with recruiters at college career fair and received on campus interview for the following day. I interviewed with two employees from their technology division. Really straightforward interview, they asked about my resume and work experience and that was pretty much it. I received a call a few hours latter with an offer.

Offer at another company

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2014.

Interview

Went through 3 phone interviews with different people from the team. The first questions were behavioral and also looking for a genuine interest in the job and in that area of Goldman Sachs. The third interview was more technical.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norman, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Norman, OK) in February 2010.

Interview

The Goldman Sachs guys came for a information sessions in my University. I was a Engg. student so I asked a lot of w=questions related to the kindda job I can get in Goldman Sachs. I attended all the 2 Info sessions they conducted and also the job fair they had a booth in. They were impressed with my interest in GS and they gave me an interview call.

Interview Questions

• What are the attributes of a leader?   1 Answer
    • Explain a time when you motived a team during the time of crisis.   1 Answer
    • What did you learn recently from the news?   1 Answer

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in November 2016.

Interview

6 rounds of interview in total. On clearing first 3, depending on performance, you are taken into the next 3 rounds which are global rounds. First 2 rounds were with the local team in Bangalore, was purely technical. 3rd round was with the VP. Post this next 3 rounds were with 3 VPs and 2 Associates from different teams around the globe.

Interview Questions

• technical qns all SQL focussed- left join qn and result, how to remove duplicates without distinct. How to treat missing and null values. Whats the difference between sum(a,b) and a+b, What all checks do you do with data? how do you initialize a variable in VBA, How to divide a set of numbers into exactly 2 groups.
      Non tech- take me through resume, why did you leave previous firm, why GS? Why this role? Tell me about a time where you exhibited leadership skills, how did you manage expectations in a project with client
      Answer Question