Goldman Sachs Finance Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 20, 2017

3.3

19 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A long process of 12 interviews over 3 days, varying from one-on-one settings to a panel style interview process.

Having lived in Russia for a couple years, I listed it on my resume as a known language. One of the interviews was held completely in Russian, which was really just a conversation with a native Russian from the trade floor. After about 15 minutes of chatting, he told the VP in the room that my Russian proficiency was good, and we moved on to the next interview.

Interview Questions

• How many gas stations are there in the U.S.?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2016.

Interview

3 - 30 Minute interviews with a majority of the questions being behavioral and having to do with problem solving. It was overall very relaxing and I felt like I could talk to them on both a personal and professional level. There were some situational questions where I referred back to my resume.

Interview Questions

• Describe a complex problem and how you were able to overcome it.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It was a phone interview. We basically went through the behavioral questions, and went through the resume as well. They were interested in my background and how I got interested in position. After all it was the typical first round phone interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one situation that you were a leader but failed?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

Went to a Goldman event, interviewed the next day. Back-to-back interviews for about 3 hours, with a 30 minute break in the middle. Most interviews were behavioral. Make sure you have an example of how you worked with a team, or overcame adversity in a team. They won't expect you to know everything about the role, use this as a way to craft good questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

I applied through career website of the company. I got an email the next day to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was simple. We only talked about things in my resume'. No technical questions. The goal of the phone interview is just to collect information. Then the information will be presented to the team who will decide whether or not to move forward with the application. They will come back to me in two weeks. I am still waiting.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your work experience. What did you do after you graduated.   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online through school. Heard back a month later for an on campus interview. 2-1 interview and both women were nice. Did not hear back about offer until a month after.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman Sachs?
      Why Finance Division?
      What group in the finance division and why?
      Name a time you were a leader
      Do you prefer finance or accounting?   Answer Question

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Interview

I applied in the summer though the career website. Got a phone interview then was called for super day in nov. It was 2 thirty minute interviews. Nothing technical and was a very fun interview. Got called a week later

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations

Finance Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in May 2013.

Interview

Interview process was very straight forward. Asked to go through my experiences and why I would be a good fit for the role. Asked some basic technical questions. Additionally, discussed life out of work to see if I would be a good fit for that specific team.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

Recruiters act uninterested, and have a tendency to sound condescending.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

I got the interview by attending Goldman Sachs Salt Lake City Symposium. I received information about the symposium from my school career service and applied it on Goldman Sachs career page. About 10 people interviewed for my position. The interview lasted for 30 minutes. Half behavior and half technical questions.