Goldman Sachs Finance Controllers Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Finance Controllers Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.3

Finance Controller Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2014.

Interview

I was able to have a phone interview with Goldman Sachs. It seemed as if the interviewer was just trying to strike conversation. Not really all that interested in me. Why? Because I responded terribly to the first question. I said I really enjoyed my classes, including managerial accounting. Well he asked what specifically did I like in managerial. I said the ratios and computing numbers. What rations specifically???? This is where I killed the interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about some ratios that you liked from Managerial Accounting?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Finance Controller Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Remote pre-recorded interview standard issue for all investment banks with basic vetting questions
    One super day consisting of three interviews, the interviewers held various positions within the finance division and had various rankings from manager to analyst.

Interview Questions

• "Describe everything you know about this department and the position you are applying for?"
      "What books are you reading right now?"   Answer Question

Controller/Finance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

The first interview was over the phone, with most of the questions being get to know you and your experience. There were two behavioral questions and one technical question about mortgage back securities.

Interview Questions

• tell a time when had to deal with an ethical dilemma and how you handled it   Answer Question

Finance Controllers Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rutgers, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Rutgers, NJ) in December 2013.

Interview

I made it to the first round of interviews for this position as a sophomore(3.7 GPA w/ leadership experience etc.), I got it through networking and just constantly showing up to all their information sessions and making it a point to the recruiter that I wanted this position. The first round of interviews were not bad at all, it's basically the walk-through your resume interview. Just a lot of questions about yourself, how you lead, manage a team, biggest accomplishments, weaknesses and how you overcome them. THE MOST IMPORTANT QUESTION IS THE GOLDMAN SACHS WHY QUESTION.( So be sure to give an amazing answer for that because that is usually how the interview starts). Then they review you for a week, and if selected you go to second round of interviews at headquarters.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any unexpected questions---they were all pretty basic get-to-know-you questions.   Answer Question

Finance Controllers Interview

Interview

Nothing too out there. Behavioral questions were all of them. How well you work in team, project you were on, etc. Be friendly and have good examples about projects and teamwork.

Finance (Controllers) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Campus, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Campus, IL).

Interview

Got an interview through my schools career website, and had it on-campus a couple weeks after apply. Interview was a 2 on 1, which caught me off-guard a bit, but the questions were pretty much all behavioral. Just know yourself.

Finance Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chennai (India)) in May 2012.

Interview

Hiring thru consultants. ppl wid referral wl be selected. basic questions on acctg was asked. quests abt articles n clients. had to explain abt clients business process. problems n challenges faced wid clients. issues found out during audit. questions on service tax. basic acctg entries. first round itself all this