Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied to campus recruiting for Goldman Sachs and I was scheduled for the campus interview. Therefore, the interview place was the student service building in my university campus. There was a pre-night for interviewees and I had chances to listen about what Goldman Sachs is expecting from candidates, we were divided into few groups and had Q&A time. I could not meet our interviewer at the meeting but I still can meet people who are currently work for them. I was informed that the first interview will be almost about behavior questions. When I went to the interview, I did two 30 mins interviews with 2 people for each one. First one was with 2 managers, and the other one was with 2 basic employees. I heard there will be 2~3 more interviews after the first one.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you are in an ethical dilemma situation at work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

got called in for an interview, 2 30 min rounds

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2010.

Interview

I began interviewing in late June and after 18 different interviewers and two months I got the job. They want to know everything about you and how well you can work with others. The background check was also intensive.

Interview Questions

• What is happening in the industry right now and how is it impacting Goldman or other financials.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Goldman does not negotiate salary.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

The interviewer was from NY, and she was very short with me during the interview process. The first question she asked was, what research have you done on the job position? I had read over the job description, and looked into Goldman Sachs as a company and at the Salt Lake location, but I couldn't give her specifics as to what I would be doing. She became very abrupt with me after that, asked a few general questions and didn't really let me know specifically what they needed out of candidates for the position. Later I found out that the position is more of an accounting role helping prepare financial statements for quarterly reports. It was an unpleasant interview to say the least.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in recent years to show leadership experience?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

okay

Interview Questions

• why is beta important and where do you apply it...   2 Answers
    • what is the relationship of treasuries and bonds...   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Various conference calls with the interviewer along with in person interviews. The process overall was relaxed and not overly stressful, the interviewers want you to feel as though you are a part of the company even though you are just applying for a job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in July 2009.

Interview

I applied through a career fair that took place in school. Two phone interviews took place and some questions about financial news were asked. After the second phone interview, I was arranged to have an 1:1 interview in their building. The interview began with something like a background check (e.g., grades, experience, whether you watch news or not). then right after they asked me why should we hire you? My advice is not to panic, i think they want to see how you can handle novel and stressful situations. it was hard...

Interview Questions

• If you were to turn into a mouse and trap in a water bottle, how would you escape?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2009.

Interview

Hardest interview I've ever had. They asked EVERYTHING on my resume (fare game so it's ok). Technical questions were about the market (all of us were engineers and they said they understood we weren't very familiar with the concepts), about portfolios, options, shares, hedge funds, risk, other questions were about stats and probability (what's a normal distribution, what's the meaning of std dev, etc). I also got asked who was the current US Treasurer, the current and past CEOs of GS. I got a brain teaser and he specifically asked to think it out loud!

Interview Questions

• Who's the current US Treasurer   1 Answer
    • What is the 'beta' in a regression model equation?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2009.

Interview

Extremely thorough - behavioral interview, then go into the nitty gritty of previous experience. Make sure come accross as passionate, dedicated, knowledgeable and professional. Also did a cultural check to make sure you will fit personality wise with the people in the team. Make sure you interview them as well, you will be living there!

Interview Questions

• If you were an object, what would you be?   3 Answers

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2009.

Interview

The interviewer was very nice and gave me the impression that she wanted to hear what I had to say. The hiring was down for that year and I got the standard, "we're not hiring this year, but we'd like to have you apply again next year." Right place at the wrong time basically sums it up.