Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated May 23, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago and finally heard back from GS. It was an interview through Hirevue and I was given 5 days to complete it. There were 5 questions with 30 second prep time and 2 minutes answer time. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple one-on-one 30 minute interviews. Often started out by asking me to walk the interviewer through my resume and then continued on with more specific questions about my experience.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Was relatively intense, it was three rounds of 30 minute interviews with two senior associates across the table from you in each room. Before that I had an hireview interview, which I really hated. Then I had a online video chat interview. The overall experience was pretty average.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Goldman interview was online virtual interview. I know this is a new process for them and it was run through Hire Vue. The questions were presented in a video form. I had 30 seconds to prep and 2 minutes to interview. It was roughly 7 questions. Some behavioral questions and also technical questions, about positions I didn't apply for. Behavioral questions were average about team work etc, but technical questions were about areas of the firm I was unfamiliar with. I have not heard a response back yet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a situation when not all the information was known.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then got invited to do the hirevue within a couple days. Hirevue was a digital interview platform. I was given a week to do the digital interview. The digital interview had six questions and took approximate 20 minutes. After the hirevue, I got invited to the Superday. The Superday included three rounds of interviews with some VPs of that division.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly unprofessional process. Gave <24 hours notice of interview date/time and changed the interviewers last minute. After almost a month of no feedback, finally gave rejection notice. The first phone screen was pretty straight forward and asked the usual questions about work experience, understanding of the position/department, and a few basic technical questions. Next interview was very unstructured, interviewer didn't know what they were doing. Seemed to want to know more about classes I took freshman year of college than relevant work experience.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got called for a HireVue interview. Asked basic behavioral scenario questions and 2 role specific questions. For second round was flown out for a Super Day where there were 3 short 1-1 interviews with firm employees.

Interview Questions

• How does the firm safeguard assets/why do you want to work in the Risk division?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Long had to go back and forth several times. I think the entire process took 4 rounds and then they expected me to accept the offer immediately. It wasn't as scary as they made out to be, just very very long.

Interview Questions

• What would you want to do after this job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It mainly involved a VP asking questions about my academic history, research projects I completed, and a few problems to test my mettle. In the end, I was offered a job on the spot but declined due to the fact that I accepted an offer the company I wanted to work with.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Intense and Technical. The interviewer was an MD and began with a simple "Tell me about yourself." The conversation quickly flowed to interest in IB and then was a series of difficult technical questions. The interviewer was kind and gave good feedback, but would only have been impressed with a solid footing in valuation and the like, regardless of my noted lack of experience in the field.