Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Feb 15, 2017

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Excellent.. They help us in finding out what we are more interested in..The people over there are really good. The culture seems to be awesome. They are more concerned about us. More number of rounds shall happen. Don't get panic.Its just that they need to decide what are we good at.

Interview Questions

• Since I am a Chartered Accountant .they asked about articleship experience. Also about AS 16.Other AS . consolidation related.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Was relatively intense, it was three rounds of 30 minute interviews with two senior associates across the table from you in each room. Before that I had an hireview interview, which I really hated. Then I had a online video chat interview. The overall experience was pretty average.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was conducted in two rounds and both the rounds were communicative rounds and it was 2 hours long process.They were recruiting in large no. so almost 200-300 people came for interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were just upon your communication skills.They are just going to test your amazing communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple one-on-one 30 minute interviews. Often started out by asking me to walk the interviewer through my resume and then continued on with more specific questions about my experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through university placement office. Overall process consists of 2 stages: 1. Online Test (Quant / Coding /Data Science). Second stage is the personal interview. There can 2 or more rounds of personal interviews where you can be asked questions based on your interests and from the verticals mentioned above. Primary focus was given on my CV, quant (Probability and statistics) and coding (Algorithms and data structures). They might also ask very few basic HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Quant: Monty hall problem and its variation, probability of two/three points lying on the same side of the semicircle, probability of breaking a rope into three parts so that their sides form a triangle.   Answer Question
    • Algorithms: LRU Cache design, Subset sum problem, 0-1 Knapsack problem, Version control system for a Queue, basic questions on hash tables and conflict resolutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then got invited to do the hirevue within a couple days. Hirevue was a digital interview platform. I was given a week to do the digital interview. The digital interview had six questions and took approximate 20 minutes. After the hirevue, I got invited to the Superday. The Superday included three rounds of interviews with some VPs of that division.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

Surprisingly unprofessional process. Gave <24 hours notice of interview date/time and changed the interviewers last minute. After almost a month of no feedback, finally gave rejection notice. The first phone screen was pretty straight forward and asked the usual questions about work experience, understanding of the position/department, and a few basic technical questions. Next interview was very unstructured, interviewer didn't know what they were doing. Seemed to want to know more about classes I took freshman year of college than relevant work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Goldman interview was online virtual interview. I know this is a new process for them and it was run through Hire Vue. The questions were presented in a video form. I had 30 seconds to prep and 2 minutes to interview. It was roughly 7 questions. Some behavioral questions and also technical questions, about positions I didn't apply for. Behavioral questions were average about team work etc, but technical questions were about areas of the firm I was unfamiliar with. I have not heard a response back yet

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you were in a situation when not all the information was known.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Got called for a HireVue interview. Asked basic behavioral scenario questions and 2 role specific questions. For second round was flown out for a Super Day where there were 3 short 1-1 interviews with firm employees.

Interview Questions

• How does the firm safeguard assets/why do you want to work in the Risk division?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kolkata (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kolkata (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

The first interview was an HR round over telephone. Thereafter there was a thorough Telephonic Round based solely on Technical questions for 55 Mins, again over telephone consisting of 2 panelists. I was requested to appear for a final face-to-face interview after that which consisted for about 40 Mins. I was told of my selection shortly after the final round.

Interview Questions

• What are the best modes of acquiring a Financial Services Company operating in India for a US based entity. Briefly explain how the process works.   Answer Question