Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 26, 2017

3.3

60 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview with brainteasers, another phone interview, then, on-site interview with eight personnels back to back involving associate, VP, directors, and senior management staff. Recruiters were helpful in setting up everything.

Interview Questions

• Probability of getting two heads in a row.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2017.

Interview

Was a great experience. Were treated well. The only negative aspect was we had to wait for hours for our turn. Very professional and ethical organisation. Overall 3 rounds of interview

Interview Questions

• run me through your profile   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2013.

Interview

Got placed through campus placements. After the aptitude round, there was one round in college, followed by 2 rounds with 2 different sets of VP's from Goldman. Rounds were fairly simple and nothing too technical was asked. Questions were mostly related to current affairs of the financial world and a few questions about the firm and their leadership

Interview Questions

• What do you know about the Greek economic crisis? Do you want a job at Goldman or a career?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago and finally heard back from GS. It was an interview through Hirevue and I was given 5 days to complete it. There were 5 questions with 30 second prep time and 2 minutes answer time. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2017.

Interview

Excellent.. They help us in finding out what we are more interested in..The people over there are really good. The culture seems to be awesome. They are more concerned about us. More number of rounds shall happen. Don't get panic.Its just that they need to decide what are we good at.

Interview Questions

• Since I am a Chartered Accountant .they asked about articleship experience. Also about AS 16.Other AS . consolidation related.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Was relatively intense, it was three rounds of 30 minute interviews with two senior associates across the table from you in each room. Before that I had an hireview interview, which I really hated. Then I had a online video chat interview. The overall experience was pretty average.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2017.

Interview

It was conducted in two rounds and both the rounds were communicative rounds and it was 2 hours long process.They were recruiting in large no. so almost 200-300 people came for interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions were just upon your communication skills.They are just going to test your amazing communication skills.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Multiple one-on-one 30 minute interviews. Often started out by asking me to walk the interviewer through my resume and then continued on with more specific questions about my experience.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

Applied through university placement office. Overall process consists of 2 stages: 1. Online Test (Quant / Coding /Data Science). Second stage is the personal interview. There can 2 or more rounds of personal interviews where you can be asked questions based on your interests and from the verticals mentioned above. Primary focus was given on my CV, quant (Probability and statistics) and coding (Algorithms and data structures). They might also ask very few basic HR questions.

Interview Questions

• Quant: Monty hall problem and its variation, probability of two/three points lying on the same side of the semicircle, probability of breaking a rope into three parts so that their sides form a triangle.   Answer Question
    • Algorithms: LRU Cache design, Subset sum problem, 0-1 Knapsack problem, Version control system for a Queue, basic questions on hash tables and conflict resolutions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then got invited to do the hirevue within a couple days. Hirevue was a digital interview platform. I was given a week to do the digital interview. The digital interview had six questions and took approximate 20 minutes. After the hirevue, I got invited to the Superday. The Superday included three rounds of interviews with some VPs of that division.