Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions in London, England | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst Interview Questions in London, England

3.4

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

Was competency based, talked about my CV first and then was asked question about my competency in relation to what suited them. Also asked me why I was interested in Goldman Sachs. Recent news article. When I have worked in teams. A Time when I have worked under pressure. Still about to do my second round interview.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in November 2015.

Interview

I First applied online. The process took 2 weeks.Then they called me for the first telephone interview. After 2 days the scheduled the final interview in London. the last interview was about 120 minutes with three different analysts.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

You send a cover letter and you CV. they will e-mail you to organize a phone meeting. The phone meeting is only for them to get a first feeling, then they will schdule an interview which will often leed to another, and another.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in March 2011.

Interview

I got a phone interview with three associates—was very relaxed, very nice and was general question about the market—what is going on (negative positive trends), what are you investing in (sectors or specific stocks), what are three “themes” going on in the market right now (inflation, sovereign debt, etc) and general fit questions (what are you passionate about, tell me about school what are you involved in)
    Second round and final was 1X1 with MD’s and associated again—more technical—what have the different indices (Europe, Asia, and N. America) done YTD, yesterday, what are interest rates at, what are FX spots at, what are the three major components of options, pitch me a stock and some brain teasers.
    Overall awesome company, awesome people—tried to make you feel comfortable even when they grill you—and great place if you want to start your career getting a broad asset class exposure.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in July 2010.

Interview

First interview was informal with questions centering around prior experience and educational background

Team interviews consisted of questions like: Why Goldman Sachs; Why Asset Management; If I gave you 1 million dollars how would you invest it; Within the team what group most interests you and why, etc etc

More technical questions centered around knowledge pertaining to the CFA. Such as; What is Duration, What is Convexity; If I was a plumber how would you describe convexity to me; Price this bond, etc etc

Additionally, the team also threw out brain teasers

Interview Questions

• Do you expect the U.S. to go into a double dip recession?   1 Answer