Goldman Sachs GSAM Strats Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs GSAM Strats Interview Questions

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

GSAM Strat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2015.

Interview

There were two technical phone interviews.

1) probability question and sorting algorithm question;
2) resume review and discussion about previous projects. technical questions on finance (related products on my resume) and algorithm question, numerical questions and probability questions.

In general, the questions were not super difficult, but was not able to give the clear answer for each questions. Also, discussed a while about the role and projects in details to see if the position was a right fit for move.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to move from the current position.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

GSAM Strats Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

GSAM strats team (perhaps the entire Goldman) are obsessed about brain teasers. They don't care about what you have on your resume (they may have their point because nowadays everyont's resume is inflated). They have a list of questions to ask, and they expect you to answer as soon as possible in the way they like. Perhaps they are trying to find a super smart person, but I guess the best way for a regular smart person to hack is going through all brain teaser books you can find, and trust me, the person who is talking on the other end of the phone is not as smart as they think.

Interview Questions