Goldman Sachs Global Investment Research Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Oct 5, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 5 of over 7,422.0 interviews

Applied online25%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo) in Oct 2021

Interview

By phone call and zoom, first was head of HR then interview with vice president. Only 30 minutes or less, wasnt super intense, they made me feel comfortable most of the time.

Interview Questions
  • - Asked me why I was interested in GS
    Answer Question
  • - why i was interested in GIR
  • ask me my strengths and weaknesses

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Applied for the position online and received an invitation for the virtual 1st round conducted via Hirevue. Interview was 20 - 30 min long and consisted of short behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
  • If you could invest in anything in the world, what would it be?

What Goldman Sachs employees are saying

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Oct 2015

Interview

Went to campus information session and met members of the department and gave them my resume. I was contacted the next week for an on-campus interview. Interviewed with VP from San Francisco. Interviewer was genuine, natural, and asked behavioral questions. Be sure to sell why GIR, why GS, and any finance or investing experience you have. I was contacted two weeks later and did not move on to the super day.

Interview Questions
  • What is a stock you are following? Pitch me a stock? Have you had any personal experience investing?

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in Oct 2013

Interview

Resume drop through career center at my university. Initial one on one interview which consisted of a case study and allot of mental math. Know dcf and you better know the markets and what's going on in the economy, if you don't know the answer say it. They know when your wrong and will continue to lead you down the road.

Interview Questions
  • How would a bocci ball company in Brazil come up with a price?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in Nov 2012

Interview

Resume got referred by a contact. First round interview on the phone with the head of GIR in SLC. Market, stock pitch, valuation, mental math. Second round was a superday in SLC office. 3 1-on-1 interviews with senior analysts from NYC. Fit questions, valuation, market, stock pitch, case analysis.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed