Goldman Sachs Global Investment Research Interview Questions

Updated Nov 14, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 18 of over 7,422.0 interviews

Campus Recruiting13%
3.5
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in Aug 2021

Interview

The interview by using Hirevue includes 5 questions with 30 seconds to prepare a response, and up to 2 minutes to answer. There is an opportunity to practice this video format in the Hirevue tutorial you will see prior to starting your interview.

Interview Questions
  • What does this division do and how does it fit into the firm?
    Answer Question

Goldman Sachs

Application

I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

45 minutes phone interview. The two interviewers had a telephone interview together. They first asked to introduce yourself, then asked about your internship experience, asked some financial and economic related questions, and talked about the experience and content of research you had done

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What Goldman Sachs employees are saying

Join the conversation on
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Employee in Kirksville, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Kirksville, MO) in Nov 2020

Interview

It was very stressful from preparation to the actual interview. I spent 3 days getting to know the ins and out of the firm and how I can contribute to its growing culture if I am given the opportunity.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Applied on website, did HireVue, superday offer a few weeks later. Interview was 30 minute one-on-one meetings with one equity research analyst and two credit research analysts. Mostly behavioral questions with a stock/industry pitch.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

I applied online for Global Investment Research Asia for an internship. In the application, you need to upload your resume, a motivation letter, and your academic transcripts, they did not mention this last one.

Interview Questions
  • A team member isn’t contributing. You confront them. They still don’t contribute. What next?

Anonymous Employee in London, England

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England)

Interview

Online interview through HireVue. HireVue interview asked questions of how you would react to different situations. Then invited to a in-person interview. Asked both competency based questions as well as technical questions.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England) in Oct 2017

Interview

HireVue Video Interview after applying online. There were 6 questions, two about a market you are interested or a stock. Each question had a 2 minute limit and 30 secs to prepare prior to answering. There was no why GS question.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time you've worked in a diverse environment and what affect did it have.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Sep 2017

Interview

Received an invitation for a super day a month after completing the HireVue. There was no pre-screening or "first round" besides the HireVue. Three one-on-one interviews. The process was pretty straightforward. Heard back the week after the interview.

Interview Questions
  • You are in charge of a catering event for 100 students in your student organization that will happen a week from now. How would you go about planning this event?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bath, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bath, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

I had a HireVue video interview for Goldman Sachs. I applied for 1-year placement programme. First, I submitted my CV and cover letter. There were no online aptitude tests for the interview process. They will then asked you to complete this video interview.

Interview Questions
  • They were 5-6 basic competency/fit questions such as tell me about the time when you stood up to something you think it's right
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Oct 2016

Interview

The interview is done online via HireVue, which is a online pre recorded interview. The questions were all behavioral and not tough. The preparation time is quite short tho.

Interview Questions
4 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 18 Interviews