Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund Strategies Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Hedge Fund Strategies Interview Questions

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview ReviewBack to all Interviews

Hedge Fund Strategies Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2012.

Interview

It was a day long process. The first interview was with my would have been boss. It was basically about market fundamentals and there were some HR questions thrown in. He was particularly keen to know why I was quitting my current job. The next interview was with a lady from London office. I had already had a telephonic with her. The questions were on the role and what aspects of the role excite me. There were also questions on financial markets and derivatives (basic level on BS option pricing model). Then there was a writing test in which I had to write a report on the one of the topics given. It was to gauge my writing abilities (doh!). After that, there was an interview with the Bangalore head. It was a generic HR interview and I was again quizzed on the reasons I wanted to quit my current job. I was asked about my notice period, my current salary and my salary expectations. I thought that this was it.
I was to be proved wrong. After lunch, I had two more interviews. One of them was with two gents from London on video-conference. The second one was with three gents from London again on VC. There questions ranged mainly on the work I do in my current job and some questions about hedge fund industry (actually there were a lot of questions about hedge fund strategies throughout the day).

Interview Questions

• Why would you not join us? (kind of stupid question, but I couldn't give a satisfactory answer)   1 Answer
  • Which hedge fund strategies have performed the best in last year? (Difficult to answer for somebody outside the HF industry)   Answer Question