Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I went on the Goldman website and through their careers section, I submit an application online for a an internship in their Investment banking division. Got contacted via email to set up a phone interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2014.

Interview

It is the normal process in place for banks in Brazil. One previous interview with HR, some math and English tests and interviews with your possible area. Then you have to pass trough the background check process.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Guwahati (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Guwahati (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

First there was a screening test in which there were 3 section-1)Quant 2)DS and algo 3)Data Analytics,ML. Then after that i had 4 interview in which first one was on coding and rest 3 were on quant.

Interview Questions

• Some were DS and algo question on trees and in quant it was mainly on probability and P&C.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Delhi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New Delhi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

There was a preliminary shortlisting based through an online test followed by two rounds of personal interview. The online test had questions varying from ML, quant and CS.
    The PI on the other hand was more specific to the department you want to join.

Interview Questions

• Online round -> 27 MCQ +2 coding questions
      Personal Interview-> 2 rounds, both tech.
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in August 2016.

Interview

1st round had aptitude. 2nd round had technical which had c programming and algorithms. Last round was hr. It was tuff.
    It was doable if one is really good at data structures and basic c programming modules.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

Applied on the Goldman Sachs website. Submitted resume and an essay. Had phone interview in January. Was flown out for an interview at the New York office in February. People were relatively nice and very helpful. The entire trip was all paid for so that was nice.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview mainly revolved around problem solving skills and technical analysis of various different assets.

There was also a background check and various different questions about historical results in exams and tests.

Also, a brief discussion about technical knowledge was included in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a placement year interview for securities division. The interview was on the phone. Applied online through goldman portal. First round was on the phone and nothing technical just behavioural they want to get to know you. Interview with MD

Interview Questions

• Show me how you solve a problem. Give me a situation where you had to meet a deadline and how you did it.   Answer Question