Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 14, 2017

3.4

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Online Hirevue questions. Then you do a Hackerrank test with 2 coding questions.
    Lastly is In-person interviews. There are 2 30 mins interviews. They consist mainly of behavioral and each has 1 technical coding question at the end.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online through their career portal and got an email for Hacker Rank challenge and later got anoither email for virtual video Interview through Hirevue which was about behavioural Interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioural questions during video Interview   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ranchi (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Ranchi (India)) in August 2016.

Interview

First a coding round for all the students.Implementing a sieve and optimizing it using HashTables.
    Got selected for personal interview.
    Interview at 12:00 AM at midnight.
    A few graph based questions as I mentioned that I am practicing graph algos now.
    Then a few puzzles fired at me like minimum no of weighings to find a defective ball from a group of 9 similar balls.

Interview Questions

• 25 horses in total.5 each in a single race.Find minimum number of races to determine top 3 horses?
      Implement a graph algo to find minimum shortest path between two points in an infinite grid.
      1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Atlanta, GA) in October 2016.

Interview

Contacted to attend Superday in Atlanta for a internship in IMD. Very friendly staff. I was a sophomore non business major, so they asked me mostly behavioral questions and nothing too technical. I felt like they were really trying to get to know me, not to trip me up. Honestly was kind of fun.

Intern Interview

Interview

The process was very unprofessional. They rescheduled my interview to the next day 5 minutes before it was supposed to happen. It was a technical interview. The interviewers were very unfriendly and judgmental. They were constantly interrupting me without giving me a chance to think the problems through and provide me own answers. It took a month before I received a phone call saying they would not be moving forward.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2016.

Interview

I got the interview from a convention. it was scheduled for the next Monday.video interview with some behaviour questions. All the questions are videotaped and the whole process took around 30 minutes.They did not get back to me within a week so not sure about the final decision.

Interview Questions

• What does Operation department in Goldman Sachs do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Phone interview; I applied through my college, and was emailed about a few weeks later about a first round phone interview, as this was before they did video interviews.Phone interview; I applied through my college, and was emailed about a few weeks later about a first round phone interview, as this was before they did video interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

I went on the Goldman website and through their careers section, I submit an application online for a an internship in their Investment banking division. Got contacted via email to set up a phone interview

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in September 2014.

Interview

It is the normal process in place for banks in Brazil. One previous interview with HR, some math and English tests and interviews with your possible area. Then you have to pass trough the background check process.

Interview Questions

• Why you want to work for Goldman Sachs?   1 Answer