Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Intern Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Jun 10, 2017

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

You should always take the time to think through your resume / CV and prepare to discuss the items on there – even if you only have 15 minutes to think about it – but the rest of this list is optional and depends on how much time you have available.

Interview Questions

• 1. That guy over there is from Wharton / Harvard / LSE / Oxbridge and has perfect grades – why should I hire you over him, given that you’re much less impressive?
    2. Why did you NOT receive a return offer from your internship?
    3. What’s your greatest fear about investment banking?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2016.

Interview

It was a placement year interview for securities division. The interview was on the phone. Applied online through goldman portal. First round was on the phone and nothing technical just behavioural they want to get to know you. Interview with MD

Interview Questions

• Show me how you solve a problem. Give me a situation where you had to meet a deadline and how you did it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Spring intern programme for 1st year undergraduates in the UK, my interview ended up being for the Securities division. It has by far the shortest application form online compared to other investment banks, which is surprising but nonetheless gives all the space you need to give the relevant information. I had a telephone interview that lasted for 30 minutes, during which we went through my CV. Advice would be to read recent financial news, know everything on your CV very well and be able to demonstrate that you have knowledge in the areas you list there. My questions were geared towards the Chinese economy, for example, due to that being a particular area of interest for me on my CV.

Interview Questions

• Do you think financial markets in China will ever open up?   3 Answers

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied through the online system, which requires basic information as well as CV and cover letter. A few weeks later I heard that I would have a phone interview. The interviewer was friendly and asked about my background, interest in finance, programming experience and then a longer technical question about expectation values. The question was tough and I didn't answer it very well so wasn't surprised when they didn't take my application further.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

Fairly straightforward, know your math. Know why you want the job, sell yourself as mathematicaly capable, and honestly just be friendly. Interviwers were friendly, nothing to complain there but dont be surprised if they walk out of the interview because they have a meeting

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview mainly revolved around problem solving skills and technical analysis of various different assets.

There was also a background check and various different questions about historical results in exams and tests.

Also, a brief discussion about technical knowledge was included in the interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in January 2015.

Interview

Day 1:
    30-minute test which consisted of 3 questions about packaging boxes

With 3 half hour interviews. Some technical, some general questions. 1st interview went over answers to the test

Day 2 (few days after first day): 3 half hour interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Very easy, the candidates are assessed through 4 interviews with senior bank employees. I mentioned operations sub divisions I am interested in, on the second round I was interviewed by the people from the teams I have expressed my interest in.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Online submission of CV and cover letter followed by a competency-based telephone interview.

Interview Questions

• No technical question, all simple and common competency-based questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)).

Interview

Applied online, had 1 round of interview at London office. Application process was straightforward and easy. No test required. Booked interview slot online. No assessment centre. Friendly staff, modern interior.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation