Goldman Sachs Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I interviewed at the NY office. It consisted of 3 interviews (30 min each) mostly behavioral questions for sales and trading. other questions were what was I following in the news and why was I interested in S+T. Very situational questions. They had to ask certain questions so the interview was guided mostly by those.

Interview Questions

• what was one time you had to work with someone with a different background than you. how did you handle this   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied for an software engineering internship. They sent me a coding challenge the next day. One hour for two problems–first one was pretty easy, reversing a string or something like that. Second one was harder. The two sum problem. I could've implemented an exponential solution pretty easily but I wanted something more efficient. My advice would be to not try to implement a hash table from scratch in C.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Atlanta, GA) in October 2017.

Interview

I applied online and then was selected to do a video interview. It is not a live video however. It tells you a question, you have 30 seconds to think about it , and then it video records your answer for up to 2 minutes.

Interview Questions

• A professor accidentally sent you a confidential email that wasn't meant for you, what do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Provo, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Online questions that you record. Later the questions are reviewed by an HR guy who probably doesn't pay much attention to them. It felt very fake, and answering questions without being able to see a human response is awkward.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time you had to react to a quickly changing situation and how you responded. Do you think you did the right thing?   Answer Question
    • Why have you chosen these locations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Very straight forward. The first round of questions were about my resume and transcript. I was asked to explain past internships and relevant coursework. The interviewer was very nice and professional. The company is a very prestigious one and I was well aware going in that the odds were not in my favor. Some advice to future interviewees would be to know their resume like the back of their hand and do several mock interviews prior to going to the real one.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you goal oriented?
      Q: Explain why your GPA isn't perfect   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online took 2 weeks, and had my first interview, and got a call back for a 2nd interview. It was purely technical I did not perform well and thus didn't receive an offer.

Interview Questions

• How does a $10 dollar increase in depreciation effect the 3 financial statements   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process started with a phone interview that was basic get to know you and a few clarifying questions. Next came a super day. During the super day there were three separate interviews with two interviewers each, all from different departments.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

I did an online interview about two weeks I applied goldman sachs summer internships. There were five questions in total. All of them are behavioral and it gave you 30 seconds to prepare and 1 min to answer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

First you will be selected to take a video recording of yourself answering vague questions which are timed. Then any branches that are interested in you will fly you out for a face to face interview with various members on their team. They did not tell me I hadn't received an offer. I had to call the office after one month of no response.

Interview Questions

• How many windows are in Manhattan, NY?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. The process took me about three weeks. First did a pre-recorded video, then l was invited for a super day in Dallas. Did 3 rounds of interviews for 30-minutes each.