Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

2,055 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Submitted application online and was promptly sent a simple hackerrank assessment. Before I submitted the assessment a glitch in their application system resulted in my application page displaying an incorrect status. After several weeks of back and forth I ended up attending an event and receiving a behavioral assessment.

Interview Questions

• The hackerrank test was an hour long exam and consisted of simple data structures/algorithm questions.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

apply on line and interview in campus. I took so much time to generate the coefficients of least square linear regression, but it seems right. However the interviewer is not satisfied.

Interview Questions

• generate the coefficients of least square linear regression   Answer Question

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

1. Coder pad (2 programming questions)
    2. Onsite (5 2-1 rounds)

Applied through a recruiting firm. Absolutely terrible experience. Did not provide me any accommodation or travel. People are not very smart. The interviewer asked me about my capstone project, he was not able to understand it as it was on advanced graph theory, he stopped me in between. After few tries he got where I am weak and tried very hard to humiliate me.
    Few people were good, few were terrible where, instead of trying to test my knowledge level, they were only trying to outsmart me. I did not feel like sitting for last round because felt very annoyed by their overall behavior.

Overall really humiliating experience, the questions, the giggling on wrong answers, and most importantly no lunch, no travel reimbursement or accommodation.

Interview Questions

• Java questions, Standard back end questions, Coding questions(nothing fancy, no algorithms knowledge needed)   1 Answer

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online in July, and heard back in August. I did a Hirevue interview and all questions had several layers that needed to be answered. All the questions were behavioral and situational. All superdays were sent out in early September

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I am writing this with immense pain and frustration with the way my interview was conducted over last month. To say that the whole exercise was an ordeal and appeared a farce would be an understatement.
    I will try to walk you through the entire experience so that people are aware.

1) Interviewer was (or at least appeared ) biased towards MS program. He\She made multiple remarks which seemed to give away the notion that he had a prejudice towards the students.

2) Inexplicable delay: My interview process started on DATE and went till DATE. During this period, there were times when there was no communication on the status and I was left to wander, if my candidature was being processed at all. I really don’t think that a respected and professional organization, should have such substandard outreach towards prospective employees.

3) Finally, my candidature was rejected and I was told that my skill set don’t match the requirement. Again, this seems nothing but a blatant disregard to common professional practices. My resume was vetted and selected based on the requirement. My interview too, was conducted for the same. I had a very good interaction and I was called for multiple rounds(to be very precise 6 interviews) based on my performance. Then how can, after all the time and effort I invested in this process, I be told that my skills are not the one that they need? If my answers were dis satisfactory, then same should have been communicated to me.

I decided to bring this to your notice as I was really excited and looking forward to working with the esteemed organization, or so i thought. Even at the least, I considered it to be a true test of my mettle. What ensued was a bitter and distressing experience to say the least. An organization, that prides itself on extreme high quality of Employee satisfaction, cannot be expected to have such low standard hiring process. I do understand that this only represents my side of story and hence will be biased.

Finally what disappointed me the most was not the result of the interview but the whole process itself. I expected more standards out of such a big organization but the standards they displayed were so low that I am happy not to be a part of this organization.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

A digital interview after submitting my application online, and I consider it as a first-round interview, overall it's 5-question video recording you should make. Even though some of my friends consider as a necessary step after documentation submission.

Interview Questions

• what do you expect a junior investment banking analyst will do   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Just completed Hirevue interview (tracks movement and analyzes your movements compared to top executives). I have not heard back regarding in-person interviews or super days or offers. Applied through my campus link online directly to the bank, had attended various networking events before applying/interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow student posted the answers to a final exam on a student group webpage, what would you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What does IBD do?   Answer Question

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I got the interview (on-site) through an adjunct professor at school who worked at Goldman back then. The group I interviewed with was in Asset Management. I did not go through phone interview. The people who interviewed me were friendly.

Interview Questions

• Mostly about what we studied at school and some brain teaser problems.   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

A local recruiter scheduled me for a phone interview with a coding session on CoderPad. The phone interviewer was nice and he he asked me about my background. Unfortunately, the coding question he asked me seemed more suited for a fresh college graduate than for someone experienced like me. I immediately recognized that I could not do this problem on the interview, and so I declined politely. This brought us to the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• Implement a BST with the methods `put(t)`, `contains(t)` and `in_order_traversal`. Get the failing unit tests to pass.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in September 2017.

Interview

First got a hacker rank challenge with 2 easy leetcode questions and then a hirevue challenge with 4 typical behavioral questions about past experiences. Still waiting to hear back from them for the next steps.

Interview Questions

• An unusual "Tell me about a time" question which I could not think of a good example for.   Answer Question