Goldman Sachs Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,897 Interview Reviews

3.2

1,897 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Investment Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had the opportunity to use Goldman Sachs' new HireVue applicant pre-screening tech for an IMD Internship I applied for in August, and interviewed in September. The pre-recorded questions are multi - faceted, which I allowed to throw me off my game. I have not heard back from HCM, but I am confident that I will not be extended an offer to attend superday.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision in a team, without all the information being given. Was it the best outcome? Explain.   1 Answer
    • Describe in detail how the Finance Division safeguards the firm's assets   1 Answer
    • What does the Investment Management Division do? What area within IMD do you want to work, and why?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online and dropped off my resume at the school career fair. Completed an online coding assessment and then had a phone screen. Didn't make it to the next round. The questions were about probability and algorithms.

Interview Questions

• What is the expected value of the minimum of three die rolls?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online through the campus portal. I was invited for a first round interview. They used hirevue to ask 7/8 questions, most of which seemed unrelated to the field I applied for.

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

First Round: resume screening
    Second Round: Behavorial Questions on video screening
    Third Round: On campus Round (Comprising of 2 interviews)
    Interviews were bit weird, much of the discussion was on why finance and to justify the same.

Interview Questions

• Why finance? A question on circular arrays and string search.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online (not with university), receive hackerrank and then an email a few weeks after inviting me for super day. Very surprising that a company like GS would have such an unorganized recruitment process in my experience. I was told to be ready to arrive on-site in Jersey City by 8AM. I don't like in the area so I had to take transportation there. Once I got there the night before, they sent me an email telling me my actual interview was at 1:00 so I should be there at 12:40... When I got to their office they give me further notice my interview is /actually/ 3:30... I felt like I was sent on a wild goose chase for no reason.

The questions I was asked were very general. I felt like I had prepared for the wrong thing (studied financial mathematics topics) because I was asked 1 basic competition math question and 1 basic coding question. I wish I had just spent time reviewing those cute tricks in math instead

Interview Questions

• You have a pile of rocks that you may divide in any ratio you choose. You write down the product of the stone-counts of the piles you create. You repeat this recursively until a pile is only 1 stone and stop. What is the closed form solution of the sum of these products?   1 Answer

Strats Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round is the online coding test. There were 2 problems with python and each has several following questions. All passed but still didn't get to the next stage.

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I used the new HireVue program and really did not like the program. Phone interviews or in person are so much better and normal. Did not like speaking into a camera.

Interview Questions

• Q: What are in IMD are you most interested in and why?   Answer Question

Private Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

5 rounds of telephonic interview with various people in the organization.
    They are very friendly and want to understand your approach and what draws you to the program.

It is a good screening process as it is high deliverable job/internship, and you get to learn a lot from it.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2017.

Interview

Standard digital webcast interview, a bit fast in terms of allocated amount of time given to prep/respond. Total of 5-6 questions asked on their company portal site, and was given about two minutes to answer the question. You are given about two practice questions

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question