Goldman Sachs Analyst/Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Analyst/Developer Interview Questions

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 full days in house with one on one. I had several offers from different companies, decided to go with Goldman. The people in group were very knowledgeable and nice, I like them and see an opportunity. I was fired from previous company and Goldman know about it at moment of offer. Background check took regular 3 weeks, then was extended another week, then supposed to have another 3 weeks of approval. It was rotating around the same question about firing and same answer. Goldman has special rules for hiring fired people with a lot of high level approval. They requested me to provide written reasons of firing from my previous company that it refused to do, due to own policy. Even if hiring manager was really helpful, care and applied a lot of own energy it did not help to speed up the process or make it any definitive. So I pull back from their offer and moved to the other place.

Interview Questions

• I enjoyed this question very much. You put a loop around earth equator, Assuming the earth radius 6350km, How much this loop will increase if you extend it on 1 meter above surface.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Pretty disappointed in an organization of this stature. It was supposed to be a HR phone screening followed by a Phone Interview followed by a in person interview.The recruiter forgot to call me saying he set up meeting in his calendar at 11 P.M instead of 11 A.M. Asked me if he could set up interview after his vacation which was after 2 weeks. After returning said I am phasing out of this right now forwarded my profile to another recruiter and said she would take over. The other recruiter doesn't even bother replying to emails when you try and reach her.I lot of time and resources was wasted in a process that is not very clear. Terrible candidate experience, makes we wonder if employees are treated the same way.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself, past job experience, questions on data structures   Answer Question

Terrible candidate experience, makes we wonder if employees are treated the same way. Wouldn't want to work in such a place. Didnt seem if the recruiters were interested

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

My interview was scheduled at the Jersey City building. I had five interview on the same day; few minutes to about half an hour gap between interviews. Some of my friends had 2 while the maximum was 8 interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• write Java code for an application you developed for school's final project.
      How do you find out the lightest stone from 9 similar looking stones in the shortest number of steps?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly Straightforward - Resume-based, fit, only a bit technical questions (not unexpected). The interviewers were warm, and there was no stress test. Overall a very positive experience, but you do need to prep for the interview.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a one month to get the first round interview. The first round interview was with an associate. Then onsite interview at office. They will let you meet everyone in that team.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through GS website. Interviewer scheduled 3 interviews on the same day. All three are technical rounds. I was asked about current project architecture, oops concepts, design patterns, SQL joins, Spring AOP.

Interview Questions

• concepts of hashmap and how to create a hashmap which can be expire it's values based on given time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

very standard phone screen, highly technical, ask about most changeling project so far.
    also basic c++ questions, vtable, data structure, constructor/destructor, smart pointer, base class,
    python vs c++
    didn't get the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.
    The 2nd phone interview was arranged after I asked them will the trip to New York be expended. Looks like they want to know more about the candidates before they spend money on them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is really difficult. The technical interviewers asked questions very randomly. One interviewer didn't not always give me the right hint. Another interviewer interrupted me a lot. However, their managers are all very nice people to talk to. Lots of behavioral questions about how to communicate with the end user to provide technical support.   Answer Question
    • Traverse an N*M matrix clockwise. Start from the out most layers, and move to the inner most layer in a spiral fashion. For example, if the matrix is
      1 3 4 2 1
      2 2 3 1 1
      4 1 2 1 4
      the out put is 1 3 4 2 1 1 4 1 2 1 4 2 2 3 1
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

first phone interview, asked basic info like experience, current project, a brief on the team. then a half day in, meeting with 4-6 different people, mostly chat, not really very technical, depending on the interviewer. they hire people if they need it, as the job can be done by anyone, so interview is mostly just like screening.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter who set up a Phone interview which consisted of 30 mins of HR interview and 30 mins of technical interview. After a couple of days I received an email that I cleared the first screening process and wanted to schedule another round of technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions where on Multithreading and Serialization???   Answer Question
    • basic java questions, difference between java and c++, questions on RESTful services.   Answer Question