Goldman Sachs Analyst/Developer Interview Questions

Updated Jan 12, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 48 of over 7,826.0 interviews

Applied online20%
3.2
HardAverageEasy

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

Online assessment, 1h algo phone interview, Super day with 4 rounds - algo, system design, logic, 2 1h team placement interviews - system design, algo. Overall great experience, took around 2 months, first interview to offer

Interview Questions
  • easy, medium, hard leetcode questions
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY)

Interview

1 HR call 2 1-hour coderpad interviews 1 6-hour onsite: 5 rounds + 1 hour for lunch. each round had two engineers. A few coderpad style questions, several design questions, a few CS questions.

Interview Questions
  • Design a parking lot application. How would you keep track of empty spots? How would you design the database tables?
2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about Goldman Sachs

Join the conversation on

Consulting

1y

a

Consultant

Just heard about this Goldman Sachs survey. Why didn’t those overworked analysts just sleep more? Like it’s not that hard? Idk just feels like they’re complaining.

1,297

87 Comments

Finance

47.3K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/finance/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=Goldman Sachs~2800
Join the conversation on

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in Mar 2021

Interview

I had applied online and got an email asking me to pick a date and time for technical phone screen. The interviewer connect with me via cell phone. The interviewer was friendly, introduced himself and asked me to introduce myself and walked through my resume. Following this we started with coding round. It was for 30 mins. Which I felt passed by quickly and the interviewer wanted to end the coding round 5 mins before the interview ended leaving time for questions form my end.

Interview Questions
  • return the longest common substring with index for the first character of the substring

Goldman Sachs

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs

Interview

We had a f2f scheduled in hyderabad where team of people travelled from Bangalore. We had 2 rounds of interview then and asked us to leave for the day. Once thats done we had 3 more rounds of telephonic interviews and then HR

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore)

Interview

There were total of 10 rounds, technically 9, as last one being the discussion with HR and Hiring Manager on the details of offer. "Why Goldman?" was a common question in all the rounds. 1st round was a written round with questions on Java/SQL. Followed by 4 rounds of technical interview on same day and another 4 rounds of interview with the team I was being hired for. Each round had a coding challenge. A problem was asked to solve by writing programs in language of your choice. Problems were related to sort, search, array lookup, hash map etc.

Interview Questions
  • Write a program to find smallest number in a rotated sorted array.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY)

Interview

2 phone interviews, 2 full days in house with one on one. I had several offers from different companies, decided to go with Goldman. The people in group were very knowledgeable and nice, I like them and see an opportunity. I was fired from previous company and Goldman know about it at moment of offer. Background check took regular 3 weeks, then was extended another week, then supposed to have another 3 weeks of approval. It was rotating around the same question about firing and same answer. Goldman has special rules for hiring fired people with a lot of high level approval. They requested me to provide written reasons of firing from my previous company that it refused to do, due to own policy. Even if hiring manager was really helpful, care and applied a lot of own energy it did not help to speed up the process or make it any definitive. So I pull back from their offer and moved to the other place.

Interview Questions
  • I enjoyed this question very much. You put a loop around earth equator, Assuming the earth radius 6350km, How much this loop will increase if you extend it on 1 meter above surface.
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore)

Interview

1.Phone round 2 .Face to Face technical 3. Face to Face Technical++ 4. Manager round Global manager also interviewed along with our manager. Asked more about previous projects And checked my knowledge and my level of understanding on each implementation

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in Mar 2016

Interview

Pretty disappointed in an organization of this stature. It was supposed to be a HR phone screening followed by a Phone Interview followed by a in person interview.The recruiter forgot to call me saying he set up meeting in his calendar at 11 P.M instead of 11 A.M. Asked me if he could set up interview after his vacation which was after 2 weeks. After returning said I am phasing out of this right now forwarded my profile to another recruiter and said she would take over. The other recruiter doesn't even bother replying to emails when you try and reach her.I lot of time and resources was wasted in a process that is not very clear. Terrible candidate experience, makes we wonder if employees are treated the same way.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about yourself, past job experience, questions on data structures

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bangalore) in Dec 2015

Interview

It was basically a hiring drive. The first round was an online coding round which was to held 1 week prior to face to face interviews. There were 2 face to face rounds in which i was asked question about core java, data structures/algorithm and a lot of puzzles. The third round was a managerial round where i was told about the team and the work. All the interviewers also discussed a lot about my work in my previous company. After the third round, i was informed by the HR that I have been selected. Though they took a month's time to send me the offer letter.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ)

Interview

My interview was scheduled at the Jersey City building. I had five interview on the same day; few minutes to about half an hour gap between interviews. Some of my friends had 2 while the maximum was 8 interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions
  • write Java code for an application you developed for school's final project. How do you find out the lightest stone from 9 similar looking stones in the shortest number of steps?
32 people found this interview helpful