Goldman Sachs Analyst/Developer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

3.2

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

The interview process is rigorous. It consists of a phone interview, followed by 1 on 1 interviews with many members of the team. The more members you meet with, the better you're doing. The questions are mostly puzzles and brain teasers. Some IT related some not. In the beginning you're asked to take a written exam, which can be found online (unofficially of course). Many of the puzzles come from books and internet so it pays to prepare.

Interview Questions

• Write a program that prints out all possible pairs that can be formed from 20 dancers.   2 Answers

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Analyst Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2008.

Interview

Nine 30-minute interviews of varying difficult.

Interview Questions

• Name one of the more efficient sorting algorithms   2 Answers
    • Describe a plain vanilla swap   1 Answer

Negotiation

No ability to negotiate.

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2014.

Interview

Applied through GS website. Interviewer scheduled 3 interviews on the same day. All three are technical rounds. I was asked about current project architecture, oops concepts, design patterns, SQL joins, Spring AOP.

Interview Questions

• concepts of hashmap and how to create a hashmap which can be expire it's values based on given time.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

very standard phone screen, highly technical, ask about most changeling project so far.
    also basic c++ questions, vtable, data structure, constructor/destructor, smart pointer, base class,
    python vs c++
    didn't get the second round

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in October 2011.

Interview

I got a call from recruiter who set up a Phone interview which consisted of 30 mins of HR interview and 30 mins of technical interview. After a couple of days I received an email that I cleared the first screening process and wanted to schedule another round of technical phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Questions where on Multithreading and Serialization???   Answer Question
    • basic java questions, difference between java and c++, questions on RESTful services.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2010.

Interview

On the scheduled time there were no phone call from them. Waited for two hours. They rescheduled next morning announcing that interview will be in an hour and I got a different person interviewing me. The job seemingly required software engineering skills instead of data analysis skills. Was not interested in candidate's background and experience, only wanted to see if one can come ready to do things they do. That interview really looked like a phone screening. They was not sounding interested at all like they already had a candidate for the position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

2 phone interviews followed by an onsite interview.
    The 2nd phone interview was arranged after I asked them will the trip to New York be expended. Looks like they want to know more about the candidates before they spend money on them.

Interview Questions

• Nothing is really difficult. The technical interviewers asked questions very randomly. One interviewer didn't not always give me the right hint. Another interviewer interrupted me a lot. However, their managers are all very nice people to talk to. Lots of behavioral questions about how to communicate with the end user to provide technical support.   Answer Question
    • Traverse an N*M matrix clockwise. Start from the out most layers, and move to the inner most layer in a spiral fashion. For example, if the matrix is
      1 3 4 2 1
      2 2 3 1 1
      4 1 2 1 4
      the out put is 1 3 4 2 1 1 4 1 2 1 4 2 2 3 1   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

My interview was scheduled at the Jersey City building. I had five interview on the same day; few minutes to about half an hour gap between interviews. Some of my friends had 2 while the maximum was 8 interviews on the same day.

Interview Questions

• write Java code for an application you developed for school's final project.
      How do you find out the lightest stone from 9 similar looking stones in the shortest number of steps?   1 Answer

Analyst/Developer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

It took about a one month to get the first round interview. The first round interview was with an associate. Then onsite interview at office. They will let you meet everyone in that team.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Fairly Straightforward - Resume-based, fit, only a bit technical questions (not unexpected). The interviewers were warm, and there was no stress test. Overall a very positive experience, but you do need to prep for the interview.