Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview Questions

3.3

Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview

Interview

Seemed rushed and uninterested. Had only women interviewers that seemed competitive and unwanting of a new intern. Rude phone call to notify of decision - "Please call us back so we can discuss the next steps" - Later... "We have decided not to proceed further"

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One superday (4 interviews) if your school is not a core school. You have to do a lot of network so you can show your interest, and go to as many event's the company is hosting.

Interview Questions

• 1. what is duration?
      2. how would you approach a new client and convince her to come with us?
      3. One time you failed
      4. Why should I hire you?
      Answer Question

Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview took place over a span of 2 months. The first interview was on campus and the second was a superday. The first interview was a great experience and the people were great. PWM is very fit based and they want to get to know you more than anything else. The first interview had 2 people in it and was 30 minutes in length. The superday was 4 back to back interviews with 2 people in each interview. Each interview was 30 minutes in length. The superday was great, and everyone I interviewed with was very welcoming.

My biggest piece of advice- be able to talk about the markets in-depth and just be genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the markets, how would you invest one-million dollars and why, and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Talked with one person on the phone for about thirty minutes. Asked a lot of technical question about the market and past experiences in the industry. Was able to ask questions about the internship at the end. Overall, it seemed this position was analyzing stocks, funds, and indexes with other members at the company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

Received an email from a recruiter wanting to set up a phone interview. Set it up immediately, and interviewed a week later. Phone call lasted 30 minutes with a very pleasant and non-intimidating associate who was more than happy to answer all of my questions.

Interview Questions

• Name one time you were in a team setting and a teammate did not agree with you. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Philadelphia, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

I applied online and had a 30 minute phone interview followed by in-person interviews. I went to the office and sat in a conference room while different people came in to interview me (all interviews were one on one). Sometimes I was left waiting after an interviewer left, and sometimes the next one came in while the previous interview was still in progress. I met with about five different people (some analysts and some higher up). Everyone was very friendly. Some of the questions were challenging (a few riddles and some follow ups on my opinion of the market etc.) For the most part the interviews were conversational and a positive experience. I asked questions and learned more about the experience of working in PWM. I did not hear back until two months later when I was informed I did not get the internship.

Interview Questions

• Questions about my resume/experiences, why do you want to do PWM? Asked basic stock market/economy questions with more specific follow-ups, a few riddle/logic games   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied directly on the website and received a phone call in 2 weeks. The phone interview was brief then had a full day interview on site. I had met with 5 different people and all 5 pretty much asked me questions about my resume. Make sure you know your resume inside out and make sure you know the role of the position inside out. Each interviewer will try to bring out a flaw so make sure you nail every interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to have such a great GPA   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Houston, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by recruiter. After 30 minute screening interview, I was put forward to superday in Houston. It was a very fun experience and a lot less stressful than I imagined. All the interviewers were very personable and easy to talk to. Overall a great experience.

Interview Questions

• All background and behavior questions. 1 or 2 half technical questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Three fit interviews with associates and vice presidents. There were some mathematic components and some very basic market question, but the largest focus was put on the fit. You have to be a generally likable and extrovert person, since the work is so client focused. Don't compare it with other parts of the division or the larger firm, I've heard of different people who tried to take this route and failed to get an offer.

Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I received the first round interview by sending in a resume to one of the analysts who attended a professional convention held at my school. Although I thought I did not do as well as I had wanted, I still fortunately passed the second round interview and received a Superday opportunity.