Goldman Sachs IMD - Global Strat Interview Questions | Glassdoor

5.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

IMD - Global Strat Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

Went over my resume---describe your research, what kind of experience do you have with finance, and why is your resume in front of me this morning. Then a few words about the firm, the specific desk and related desks that would be colleagues. Explained what kind of work flows in and out and the assets managed by the particular desk, and openings at that desk and related desks.

The gentleman with whom I interviewed was extremely pleasant to talk to, and not at all what most people think when the image of Goldman comes to mind. The interviewer gave me time to answer questions and while he seemed a titch annoyed I was taking too long on some parts, he did help me out in others when it was clear I wanted to spark a dialogue about how I was approaching the problems.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about mortgage-backed securities.   1 Answer
  • You have a stick of length 1, and you break it at a (uniformly) random position along its length. Take the longer of the two resulting sticks, and break it somewhere randomly along its length. What is the probability that you can make a triangle out of the three pieces?   4 Answers