Goldman Sachs Managing Director, Securities Operations Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Managing Director, Securities Operations Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

1 Interview Review

4.0

Managing Director, Securities Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

The interview was initiated by an executive recruiter. We went back and forth with the GS team for about 3 weeks via a series of 4 phone interview. Then there were a series of face-to-face interviews, starting with potential subordinates and then working up to peers and then two senior managers. There were a total of 8 interviews in three sessions. In the end the assessment was a team assessment and the going forward recommendation had to have consensus about long-term promotion "runway", ability to fit into GS culture and behaviors, and collaboration skills.

Most of the managers appeared to be in their late 50's or 60's with a few exceptions. The hierarchy of offices was also apparent (i.e. inner and outer offices, corner offices, and more). Folks on the work floors seemed cordial, but not overly friendly.

Interview Questions

• How would I tackle a specific situation in a certain department?   3 Answers
  • Describe what roles you would want to take on after this role and your ideal top position.   1 Answer