Goldman Sachs Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Software Engineer(Internship) Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.7

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in September 2013.

Interview

Talked to a recruiter (engineer) at career fair. Dropped my resume, and received a phone call a few nights later saying I had an interview. One on one interview with the same guy I had originally talked to. Mostly behavioral, talked about my projects I listed on my resume. Got asked one simple java question.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received the hackerrank within 48 hours, two problems leetcode easy type, few weeks later did a video interview where I responded to some behavioral questions, then another month later went to their engineering super day and interview with two different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2018.

Interview

There are 3 rounds for coding(Hacker rank),HR(on-screen i.e self recorded) and onsite interview(2 rounds 45 minutes each).The questions during onsite interview consist of algorithms, puzzles, java basics etc.The complete process was very smooth.They even reimburse travel and food expenses.

Interview Questions

• Algorithm to find third least sum with complexity n, puzzles ,basic HR questions.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2017.

Interview

Initial round is a coding test which is easy. Next round is video recorded questions. This was a bit weird experience but was 30 min only. Next came super tuesday where they interview many candidates on the same day and then make an offer.

Interview Questions

• Standard coding questions. I got one question related to string parsing.   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I did the Hackerrank assessment and passed all of the tests. It took them about 4 weeks to respond to the completed test and after that they had me do a hirevue interview. After finishing the interview, I did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank was basic coding questions and dynamic programming, HireVue was behavioral   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There was an unusual video Interview. You answer the questions and you are recorded answering them. Mostly situational questions were asked and there were no technical questions in this round. Would recommend with a webcam by yourself before attempting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Seattle, WA) in January 2018.

Interview

Used the standard HireVue interview, which was a video interview that I recorded on my computer. They also sent me a coding interview which I was to complete by a certain deadline.

Interview Questions

• If you could give one piece of advice to college freshmen, what would it be?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Mainly a 3 stage process.. First a hirevue interview followed by a hackerank coding round.
    I was later called for Super Day at New Jersey which had mostly behavioral questions followed by some technical Questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you lead a team of people for a charity event?   Answer Question

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my resume in the school career fair, then received coding challenge in Hackerrank two days later. I did perfect score in the coding challenge, still did not get any interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Onsite interview in Texas, which consists of 45 mins back to back interviews with 4 different people. Questions covered both technical and behavioral. A short info session after that.