Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Summer Analyst - Technology Interview Questions

Interviews at Goldman Sachs

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

I first had a phone interview with a GS engineer. That was very pleasant with a good mix of behavioral and technical questions. Then I had an on-site interview in the New Jersey office. There are two rounds; each round has two GS engineers asking questions. Both rounds are not super intense. They asked very standard questions, nothing unexpected.

Interview Questions

• Both asked about group dynamics. Standard questions like how do you resolve conflicts in your group. How do you contribute or lead a group, etc   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

Pretty straight forward. Some technical, some brain teasers. All interviewers are of technical background, so they'll know if you don't know something. But also, they were very friendly, easing the whole situation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2015.

Interview

At first, there were two on-campus rounds at my university campus of 45 minutes each. Both rounds were technical in nature and contained questions relating to data structures primarily. I got an interview call for the on-site interviews in Jersey City, NJ in about 5 days. The two on-site rounds in Jersey city office were of duration 45 minutes each. These consisted primarily of work experience discussion and resume walkthrough.

Interview Questions

• Detailed resume walkthrough   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

One behavioral/technical interview over the phone. If advanced, they fly you out to NYC for 2 technical interviews and probably some networking session after. The human resource department is pretty awesome and helpful. Unlike some companies, Goldman managed to keep me up to date throughout the entire application process.

Interview Questions

• How to find if a linked list has any loops/is circular?   3 Answers

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2015.

Interview

Great Interview process, two rounds, each with two interviews. First round two interviews each 30 mins (went to about 35/40 mins), one technical the other analytical, however the analytical interview also required code to design to solution to the problem that was asked. Got called back for superday the following day.

Superday was at head office, two interviews, each with two interviewers. Both 45 mins and a mix of technical and behavioral, fairly challenging.

Great experience overall.

Interview Questions

• Implement the perfect elevator system   Answer Question
    • Design and implement a way to determine who should represent the firm in a comedy show if each employee can distribute 100 points among 3 other employees.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I applied through school career website / campus career fair / Goldman Sachs application website. It was an on campus interview. Two interviews in total, one behavioral and the other one technical. 30 minutes for each. Questions are normal, nothing unexpected. The interviewers are nice. The process took more than one month.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Hoboken, NJ) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied through the University Career Website. Interview was on campus. First was a technical interview regarding C and C++. Tough questions. The second round was a case study kind of interview. The recruiters didn't seem too interested in the interview process. Goldman Sachs is known for their multiple high difficulty level interviews. This was no different. The recruiters have high expectations in terms of your knowledge in programming.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2011.

Interview

I got the interview through school's website. The first interview took place at school's career center. It's a two to one interview basically about my resume and working experience. We also talked about some technical detail. Which language I have learned and what new technology I am passionate about. I got the superday invitation about a week later. Superday interview was held at their hq and Jersey office. Everyone have to interview with 1 to 3 group, and 3 interviewers per group. I only interviewed with one group. First interviewer asked some technical question. Second interviewer asked some IQ test. Third one is the team leader, but we were basically chit chating.

Interview Questions

• Write down a section of C code which implemented bubble sort and try to improve its performance under a 90% sorted data.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

This was an on-site interview. It consisted of 9 rounds of 1:1 interviewing with people of varying seniority at the company. they asked many "fit" questions and there was a strong focus on "Why Goldman Sachs?". the technical questions were fairly easy and should not be a problem if you have interviewed at other more software-focused places.

Interview Questions

• Why should you implement hashcode with equals in Java?   1 Answer
    • How would you find if a substring appears more than once in a particular string?   1 Answer
    • How would you implement an automatic garbage collector in C++?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in January 2009.

Interview

Submitted my resume at the University career fair. Was contacted about 2 months later for a phone interview. After the phone interview, was contacted 1 month later for another phone interview. Both were fit and brain teaser interviews.

After that, had a full day interview at the Goldman campuses (NY/NJ), where I had interviews with 4-5 teams in 3 different divisions. They were mostly quant/programming questions with some behavioral/fit questions. The person interviewing is most likely the hiring manager.

The day is packed back to back and there's no time for breakfast or lunch, so pack food for the big day.

Interview Questions

• How do you find the sum of up to the nth number of the fibonacci sequence recursively? iteratively? which is more effective? why?   Answer Question
    • what is your favorite programming language? why?   Answer Question