Goldman Sachs Vice President - Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Vice President - Technology Interview Questions

3.2

10 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Vice President - Technology Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Interview process is very rigorous with multiple rounds of interview. I signed up for an event online, sorry which I was phone screened. After clearing the phone screen, I was invited to the event. During this event I meet a lot of people, talked about myself, the synergies and what I was looking for. After which I was selected by a few teams who interviewed me on 3 different days. I spoke to about 20 people.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Goldman Sachs

Vice President - Technology Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

It took eight months from my first interview until my hire date. I had eight interviews total. My first interview was over the phone. My second interview was via video conference with people in NY and Bangalore, India. I had to follow up all the time as I never heard anything about the status of the position.

Interview Questions

• Not many questions my boss just mainly talked about how great he was   1 Answer

Vice President Technology Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

1 phone interview. Multiple on site interviews with several people. Hr interview. Sr member of staff interview. Long process. Everybody had to like me or I was rejected. I saw this on the other side as I started to interview people. During the process the hr person turned over a few times. This should have been a warning.

Interview Questions

• Technical subject matter questions SQL. Some unix questions and java questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Meet with hr. Verbal offer. Lots of talk about how amazing the bonus will be, but no promises. Not open to counter offers.

Vice President -Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was interviewed as a consultant so the experience was not the same as it is for most people. I talked to the managing director and the lead manager I was working for - normally many more rounds of interviews are required and the process takes much longer. GS is very thorough before hiring - delays sometimes means not being able to hire the people they want.

Interview Questions

• Just asked about my background - nothing very specific.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation - surprisingly exceeded my expectations when i converted from consultant to full time.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in September 2013.

Interview

I had 3 interviews in total: 30 minute phone screening with 2 Sr. level technologists, face to face interview with hiring managers and other 3 other members of the group, and last interview took place with HR corporate recruiter.

Interview Questions

• All interview questions were pretty much standard. All of them had been about my background.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Goldman asks for your compensation details for the past 3 years. They based their offer based on my total comp information, what others are making within the firm and the market. Their extending offer process is pretty involved and requires several levels of approvals as a result once the offer is extended it is final.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2012.

Interview

8 interviews across 2 different days. Staged mostly to gauge fit and the ability to learn. Like most other banks but with a higher bar. Usually an HR interview before and after to make you feel at ease. The after HR interview is skipped if they don't have the job to sell.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in April 2011.

Interview

The interview process is long and arduous and you will generally meet with a dozen or more interviewers, mostly in-person, though there may be some phone interviews with individuals who are located in remote offices. Goldman Sachs strives to hire talented individuals who can fit into the culture, which includes community give-back and cultivating leaders.

Vice-President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2011.

Interview

13 - 15 interviews

local in-person and global phone call interviews

Didnt tell me much about the position or type of skills I would be using ...

Interview Questions

• question about all their different groups and acronyms they have .. i mean who cares... and and who can remember in the midst of interviews....   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation .. they give you a salary.. if you negotiate up thy WILL take it out of your bonus at the end of the year like a friend of mine.

They tend to bring you in at a level below you deserve ... everyone tells me this all the time.

they tell you they only have associate analyst VP and then MDs .. what they don't tell you is the VP-02, VP-03, VP-M1, VP-M2 all inside the VP level... all you have to go through before MD.

So this idea there are only 4 levels is not accurate

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Bengaluru (India)) in February 2011.

Interview

Very comprehensive interviews with about 14 different people in the department. It lasted several days and included phone screenings, followed by video conferences with multiple people. The topic ranged from client-side technologies to server-side technologies and database skills.

Vice President - Technology Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tokyo (Japan)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Tokyo (Japan)) in July 2008.

Interview

Internal ref feral candidates are preferred. Be prepared for a large number of interview rounds.. not only from the people that you'd work for, but also from your piers, people who'd work for you and global counterparts ! Its not uncommon to have 12-15 interviews or may be more !