Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017
2,145 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,145 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round interview was on campus, then a phone interview, then super day in New Jersey and finally a financing group interview at the market. You are part of the investment banking pool.

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The hiring process consisted of meeting a recruiter on campus and discussing the application process, applying online and then moving into the interview rounds. You are asked to complete a HireVue interview which is general behavioral questions, "Tell me a time when..." type of questions. You are then contacted to schedule and interview at the office to which you applied and complete a networking event, which is general and a way to get to know other candidates, and then an interview the next day. The interview consisted of 3 thirty minute interviews with 3 separate managers. One asks ethics based questions, another is meant to test your analytical experience based on your background and the third is about your diverse background and what you bring to the office environment.

Interview Questions

• Why Goldman? Why this division? Why this city?   Answer Question
    • Hypothetical ethical situations that you may encounter in the workplace.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you completed a task that no one else thought you could. How did you use analytical skills to finish it?   Answer Question
    • What would your bosses or mentors say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength? What would you say is your biggest weakness and biggest strength?   Answer Question

Credit, Liquidation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Difficult, would ask questions until breaking point. The person that interviewed made it slightly uncomfortable and tried to scare me with how hard the job was going to be.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain a difficult concept to your boss?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Arlington, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Attended NSBE 2017, had a nice conversation with a representative and dropped off my resume with them. Got to schedule two 45minute interviews after a week. Both the rounds were technical and pretty basic. Most of the questions were based on what I put on my resume.

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.
      Answer Question

Credit Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

1.Hire Vue video Interview- 25Min
    2.super day-90 Min
       -6 people interviewed me
       -half behavior questions, half technical questions
       - They interviewed three candidates at the same time

Market Risk Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Applied in September electronically. Most of what I applied to at other banks was financial analyst spots which I don't think I was really qualified for because I specialized in econometrics/statistics but GS had this careers quiz on their website that indicated I should apply for this job in Strats and I am so glad I did!

My first and only phone interview was around February with someone I will be working directly with. Lots of other companies have first rounds with HR people and they don't have direct knowledge about what you will be doing so I liked that. We started with the talk me through your resume question and the conversation flowed organically from there, it wasn't a Q&A type thing save my questions towards the end.

Invited to Superday about 3 weeks later. Superday was so fun. I got to meet most of the staff. Each interview was really interesting and upbeat. It is 4 40ish minute interviews. I got my decision in two weeks.

Ladies, I spent time researching what to wear and this is what I came to based on numerous sources: curled hair pinned a certain way so it doesn't fall in your eyes, red lipstick (power color), black patent pointed toe stilettos, no jewelry, black skirt suit with classic white shirt (long-sleeved) and nude nylons. Zero glitter in my eye or face makeup. No nail polish, short nails. The other girls interviewing wore flats and one wore pants but all the women I encountered that were working there were wearing heels and skirts so I think I made the right call there. May not matter too much - go with what you feel more confident wearing if you can't decide. Bring a padfolio with resume copies and business cards.

I went in thinking they were going to be harsh/abrasive, based on testimonials like these, to really challenge you or something but this wasn't true at all. The people were nice, kind and funny. It was refreshing to see how sharp the whole group was and how everyone seemed to have their own specialization within the group.

Don't be nervous! You'll do great!!

Interview Questions

• Fundamental stats questions like define std. dev. (I was prepping to talk about kurtosis and the different infinities); Asked to explain a concept without using words(draw, don't dance); interesting brain teaser that I probably shouldn't give away and they probably won't reuse anyways. It will be about your experience and why you would be a great fit. Know why you want the job and know about the things you say you know on your resume.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I applied months ago and finally heard back from GS. It was an interview through Hirevue and I was given 5 days to complete it. There were 5 questions with 30 second prep time and 2 minutes answer time. It was mostly behavioral questions.

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a HackerRank challenge the next day, 2 problems (easy - medium). Got all test cases. Didn't get any contact after submission but I realized I got rejected after I checked my status on their webpage several days after.

Interview Questions

• HackerRank, 2 problems, 1 easy, 1 medium-easy. Second one was a variation of a classic problem.   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2017.

Interview

Was Asked to do a coding test on HackerRank and then a Video recording interview through HireView. The HackerRank coding test had two questions and a multiple choice. The video recording interview had 5 questions with 2 minutes to answer

Interview Questions

• Why do you think your skill set is a match for this position ?   Answer Question