Goldman Sachs Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,461 Interview Reviews

3.1

2,461 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First Round was online on Hackerrank, two questions. First one is vector dot product.

Second one is tricky, which is to find the total number of pairs in array = k. I passed 5 of the test cases except 1.

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Received a straightforward hackerrank with 2 questions. 5 days later I was sent a hirevue link where I answered 4 purely behavioral questions in front of a webcam. 3 weeks later I attended one of GS's superdays.

The superday consisted of 2 interviews, both 45 minutes long. I was told that one interview was supposed to be technical and the second behavioral, but I think I ended up with 2 behavioral interviews because I didn't answer any technical questions. In both interviews, the interviewers went very in depth into my resume; nothing was off limits, so make sure you know every detail of each project listed on it.

I was initially told I would hear back in about 1-2 weeks but I heard back exactly 3 weeks after my superday with an offer.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a team member wasn't contributing after being confronted about his/her lack of contribution?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

HireVue Virtual Interview. Five questions, about two minutes to answer each question and 30 minutes to prepare after listening to question. After this flew to Salt Lake City for superday, three interviews back to back 30 minutes each, all behavioral based and received an offer after.

Interview Questions

• What was a time in which you had to make a decision without all the necessary information readily available?   Answer Question

Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

The entire process took 1 month, consisting of hirevue and 1 Superday.

3 rounds of 30min interviews on Superday, with each having 2-3 interviewers that may be on video conference as well.

The entire Superday was very pleasant and the interviewers were friendly. The questions were 90% behavioral and fit related, with only 1-2 technical questions thrown in. You may even have to elaborate on your hobbies and interests!

Personally, I feel that the key is to really engage them with the things you say. Teamwork capabilities are really important for Goldman as well.

Quantitative Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Finished an online test which contains two coding problems. Then followed by a phone interview asking implied volatility skew and quick sort. One week after the phone interview, I was invited to have an onsite interview and talked with 6 people.

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Digital Interview that consisted of hirevire asking questions from the corporate office. Answered on video and the video is sent to the recruiter. Not a bad interview just be ready for situational questions and topics.

Interview Questions

• Your working on a private project with a manager and another manager wants to see the project to help them? How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

My interview was through HireVue. It was a pretty straightforward process and the app lets you practice doing a video interview. After the question was asked, I was given 30 seconds to prepare an answer and 3 minutes to answer.

Interview Questions

• They asked about a current event I follow and the role it plays in the market.   Answer Question

New Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

There were 3 rounds face-to-face interviews, and every round had 2 interviewers. The whole process was around 2 hours. The interviewers were friendly and asked about both behavioral and technical questions.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round is done through an online software called HireVue. You are given 30 secs to prep for an answer after you receive the question, then 2 minutes to respond. MAX time: 30 minutes. Second Round: Three 30-minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Your classmate was very sick and could not make it to class/study. They tell you they have access to a copy of the final exam you are about to take. What do you do?   Answer Question

Summer Technology Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First I was invited to the HackerRank. After I passed the HackerRank Technical questions, I got the invitation to do video-interview on multiple behavioral questions. You video record your response to the questions appear on the screen.