Goldman Sachs Executive Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Executive Assistant Interview Questions

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with a recruiter from New York, set me up with a 6 person round of interviews in the Irving office totaling 4 hours. No skills testing but extremely in depth background checks and reference checks that could take 4-8 weeks before an official offer is given. I was given verbal offer based on passing background check but I went with another offer instead.

Interview Questions

They were unwilling to negotiate the offer at all and came in at my current salary. Not enough incentive to drive further and have to dress business professional every day.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Interviewed on October 16; Received offer late November: Background Check is no joke. Do not "fudge" your numbers at all or note any compensation that can not be backed up with documentation. My offer was withdrawn due to lack of evidence on bonus as they don't consider 'under the table' bonus as compensation.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions: What's your weakness? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question

Negotiation

All done via phone with HR representative. Took a few days for a final number to be given. Then a week or so for the offer letter to be sent out. Background check is ridiculous! They comb through everything! Even asked for a picture of my undergrad diploma! W-2 and tax returns were also asked. Too invasive for an admin role! Especially given previous industry employment.

Interview

Wow all I can say is you walk in and there is no diversification what so ever. My interview was a waste of time as my interviewee made it clear she was way above me in this world. She was arrogant and some what rude. Completely unprofessional.

Executive Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2013.

Interview

No Comment

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2010.

Interview

the position was for an IT executive assistant but the person interviewing me didn't even know what O/S was therefore i got a feeling that this job was not for me. very unprofessional environment.

Interview Questions

• why do you want to leave for current job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in June 2010.

Interview

Initially, a person from H.R. does a telephone screen and asks you about your work experience. If he/she feels you're good enough then you have a second round with another H.R. person. The three people (all H.R.) that interviewed me seemed laid back and were very upfront with me. I knew I wasn't the right fit for the person they were trying to fill the EA spot for. The one thing I do notice is that since Goldman is such a huge company, the recruiting people work in silos. They don't seem to share resumes with other divisions so it gets quite frustrating to have to go through the "first round" over again.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (San Francisco, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

Nice people, gorgeous offices. Something about the interviewer was a little off and they kept hammering away at my background and experience to see if I was going to make a mistake or say something wrong. Kind of weird. They also had a skills assessment that I really didn't want to take.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Beijing, Beijing (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Beijing, Beijing (China)) in October 2011.

Interview

First round, on-site headhunter interview, Second round, HR manager on-site interview; Third round, Business unit manager on-site interview, situation questions, behavior questions; Final round, managing directors on-site interview, case interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you are facing challenge at work? How do you handle challenge clients and managers?   Answer Question