Goldman Sachs IT Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 1, 2017

3.6

13 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in May 2015.

Interview

It was extremely demanding and challenging. IT tested what I had learned from both My economics professor as well as my background in History. Overall though I would recommend to a friend as the chance to work at Goldman is something truly special.

IT Analyst Interview

Interview

2 rounds. 1 was on college campus, another was at Goldman. the first round was fairly simple, mostly behavioral with some technical questions. the superday consisted of 2 interviews, each with 2 interviewers. 1 interview was very technical based, asked many questions, mostly randomly. the other interview was behavioral mixed with technical as well. there was a heavier focus on technical skills than behavior in the superday.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

I Interviewed with IT department at Goldman on an interview date. I did not get an offer. The problems were not hard. Some people were nice, and some were not. One guy frequently checked his cell phone and even did not pay attention to your answers. But I think communication skills are more important than technique at Goldman.

Interview Questions

• 1. Write an algorithm to decide if a string is palindrome or not.
      2. Write an efficient algorithm to compute fibonacci sequence.
      3. Find the errors from following C function :
      4. Print the output of following C++ program :
      5. Write a C function to reverse a linkedlist.
      6. How would you find a cycle in a linkedlink?
      7. You have a machine which only supports 3 instructions:
          A -> R : copy memory A to Register R
          B -> R : copy memory B to Register R
          A - R -> A : copy A minus R to memory A
      Implement program B -> A ?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in April 2010.

Interview

Was invited for 1:1 interview in NYC. It started with a test comprising of :
    General Programming
    Java
    SQL
    .Net
    C++
    The test lasted about 45 minutes. Test was followed by 7 rounds of face to face interviews, on questions ranging from Finance related to experience.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to change your experience domain ? XYZ to finance   Answer Question
    • How will u prepare yourself in finance domain ?   Answer Question

Information Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2008.

Interview

I applied through the college career website. I got selected for a campus interview. It was just one. I had to interview with two IT managers. They were dressed semi-formal. They did seem like geeks, but they were affluent. They know when someone is trying to say non-sense. They asked me about my past school projects and what it entails. They then asked me an algorithmic question: write an algorithm to detect a palindrome.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2007.

Interview

- One phone interview - they want to verify that everything on your resume is correct and you are not a hoax
    - Six one-on-ones - they are trying to fit you in a group so you have to impress. The person interviewing you is most likely the hiring manager and he/she will try to judge your competence and fit for the group. Expect to get asked tough questions.

Interview Questions

• How do you assess the stability of a server   2 Answers
    • Important factors in project management   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is really no negotiations for interns

IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Onsite First interview: writting test
    C++, Math, Java, Database, network and etc.

Onsite Final interview:
    5 interviewers
    1st round - behavioral question, project management, conflict management
    2nd round - technical question, what you did in your project, basic algorithms
    3rd round - behavioral + technical, including algorithms, database

Interview Questions

• Q: How to deal with the conflict between programmer and client   Answer Question

Senior IT Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in March 2015.

Interview

Was not that hard had 3 rounds first was a lead who was asking basic then a VP was testing how well I can take pressure and last was senior VP who just spoke about process and package had but they took 2 months to get BGC completed.

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (London, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

A pre-interview was carried out, after this was deemed successful, you were called for the main interview. The interview took place by all senior managers of each IT department, all on a one-to-one basis.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what a variable is?   1 Answer

IT Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in October 2010.

Interview

2 days of interview
    1st day was information session.
    2nd day continuous rounds of 3 to 9 interviews depending in the number of divisions that select you.