Goldman Sachs Investment Banker Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 14, 2017

3.3

147 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The online interview is fairly simple. You will mostly be asked behavioral questions with one exception. The behavioral questions tend to be "If a friend has stolen an exam and gave it to you, what would you do?", the exception should be a question regarding "why Goldman Sachs and how do you fit in"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Goldman and Sachs and why would you be a good addition to the team you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview, conducted through the HireVue software. 6 Questions. Mostly behavioral questions. 2 Questions specific to each of the departments I applied to. Many situational question i.e. What would you do in this scenario. Not much technical knowledge required, except some knowledge about the department you are applyingto, and why.

Interview Questions

• If your friend obtains a copy of the an exam and offers it to you what will you do? How will they take your response   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and in November they sent an email asking me to complete a Hirevue interview. The Hirevue was around 4 question long and took around 20 minutes to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted and application online and they contacted me a few weeks later for a virtual interview. That was pretty straightforward with behavioral questions. A few weeks after that they contracted me for a super day, which consisted of three thirty minute interviews and a networking event before. Very standard investment banking information with lots of pushback.

Interview Questions

• How does depreciation move throughout the financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Superday was in the NJ office. Three back to back interviews and a meeting with the director of the program. Mostly behavioral and very relaxed. Best thing I found was to be aware of what is normally asked in IB interviews and weave those answers into the interview without being prompted. Such as bringing up companies the you follow or investments that you make. Major focus on teamwork and communication.

Interview Questions

• If you were CFO of a company and received a bunch of cash, what would you do with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on both School recruiting site and GS site. three weeks later I got a online interview (the app is hireview). It is basically you recording yourself answering a couple of questions. Basic behavioral interview, you get two minutes to answer the question and you only get to do it once.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out that the president of student organization was cheating on a test   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied in September 2017. Got a HireVue, then a Super Day in October. There were three interviews, one just talking about my resume, one talking about technicals, and then one behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What are the 3 major ways of evaluating companies worth?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in September 2017.

Interview

First round was a hireview video interview, all behavioral. Final round was a superday at the Goldman headquarters. I had three 30-minute interviews with five VPs and MDs. All were extremely professional and friendly.

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online in July, and heard back in August. I did a Hirevue interview and all questions had several layers that needed to be answered. All the questions were behavioral and situational. All superdays were sent out in early September

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

Just completed Hirevue interview (tracks movement and analyzes your movements compared to top executives). I have not heard back regarding in-person interviews or super days or offers. Applied through my campus link online directly to the bank, had attended various networking events before applying/interviewing.

Interview Questions

• If a fellow student posted the answers to a final exam on a student group webpage, what would you do and why?   Answer Question
    • What does IBD do?   Answer Question