Goldman Sachs Investments Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Investments Interview Questions

Updated Dec 4, 2017

3.3

218 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Applied online, did HireVue, then got superday in-person. Did not network. Was asked to prepare stock pitch before interview. Superday was 3 interviews. Interviews were mainly behavioral but was asked about stock pitch.

Interview Questions

• If you got the offer, what would you look forward to most about the internship?   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online after attending GS information session, interview session, and interview session. These sessions were great. I learned about the company and what they look for in your resume, and later during the interviews. I highly suggest to attend these sessions, since they have some really good tips that will help you to stand out.

I received a hire Vue, which is a video interview with pre-recorded questions. If you applied for more than one division, be ready to answer questions from each of the divisions that you applied for. There were 6-7 questions. You have 30 seconds to prepare an answer and than a limit of 2 min for your answer.As far as to the type of questions, they were behavioral and general information about the division. Study hard about the divisions, the different roles of the divisions, and anything you can find about them on the Goldman Sachs website. The interview itself was a bit akward because and I thought I did awful.
    After about 4 days I received an invitation to a superday, which is basically a day during which you interview face to face with teams that are interested in you. You get to the office around 9 and get your list of your scheduled interviews. The interviews were mostly behavioral with some questions about the market, why you want to work at GS. Do your research, but don't memorize answers to questions. Be yourself.
    I received an offer after 2 days.
    Good luck!

Investment Management Division Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The interview was not difficult. Mainly situational questions... given situation xyz, how would you respond. Their superday environment was pretty high pressure as they would essentially announce those who had not made it to the 2nd round and ask them to leave

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The online interview is fairly simple. You will mostly be asked behavioral questions with one exception. The behavioral questions tend to be "If a friend has stolen an exam and gave it to you, what would you do?", the exception should be a question regarding "why Goldman Sachs and how do you fit in"

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Goldman and Sachs and why would you be a good addition to the team you applied for?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

Video interview, conducted through the HireVue software. 6 Questions. Mostly behavioral questions. 2 Questions specific to each of the departments I applied to. Many situational question i.e. What would you do in this scenario. Not much technical knowledge required, except some knowledge about the department you are applyingto, and why.

Interview Questions

• If your friend obtains a copy of the an exam and offers it to you what will you do? How will they take your response   Answer Question

Investment Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

It was a video interview. All of them are behavior questions. Not difficult. You need to care about your facial expression and speak as logical as possible. Just prepare before the interview

Interview Questions

• Which department you want to join and your skillset that corresponds to this department   Answer Question

Investment Banking Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I applied online and in November they sent an email asking me to complete a Hirevue interview. The Hirevue was around 4 question long and took around 20 minutes to complete.

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted and application online and they contacted me a few weeks later for a virtual interview. That was pretty straightforward with behavioral questions. A few weeks after that they contracted me for a super day, which consisted of three thirty minute interviews and a networking event before. Very standard investment banking information with lots of pushback.

Interview Questions

• How does depreciation move throughout the financial statements?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Newark, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Superday was in the NJ office. Three back to back interviews and a meeting with the director of the program. Mostly behavioral and very relaxed. Best thing I found was to be aware of what is normally asked in IB interviews and weave those answers into the interview without being prompted. Such as bringing up companies the you follow or investments that you make. Major focus on teamwork and communication.

Interview Questions

• If you were CFO of a company and received a bunch of cash, what would you do with it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Austin, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application on both School recruiting site and GS site. three weeks later I got a online interview (the app is hireview). It is basically you recording yourself answering a couple of questions. Basic behavioral interview, you get two minutes to answer the question and you only get to do it once.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you found out that the president of student organization was cheating on a test   Answer Question