Goldman Sachs Management Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

53 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Human Capital Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

HireVue recorded interview followed by on-site visit. On-site is 3 back to back to back interviews with mostly VP's from differing roles in the office. Was invited to follow up with the head of HCM in the Salt Lake City office for a 15 minute closing interview the day after.

Investment Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

My first interview was over the phone with the head of the Asset Management team. My second interview was 4 different interviews (3 with 2 people, the last one with the head of the team). Very basic questions as it was just about getting to know each other.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume and add any high points.   Answer Question
    • What was one way you handled a disagreement someone in your academics or past work.   Answer Question
    • Tell me something about the market.   Answer Question

Credit Risk Management & Advisory Bank Loan Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in December 2016.

Interview

Easy process. I applied online for 3 different positions & was contacted the recruiter within two weeks to talk about my experience. He said this role was a better fit for me and forwarded my information to the hiring managers. I heard back within two weeks to schedule an in-person interview. Basic behavioral questions. Very short interview. They were two interviewers, and each person was given 30 minutes. Not a lot of time for questions. Keep answers short and to the point.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what your current manager would say are two of your strengths and one of your weaknesses.   1 Answer
    • Do you know what derivatives are?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had to deal with something challenging and how did you overcome this   Answer Question

Asset Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Charlottesville, VA) in December 2016.

Interview

Virtual 1-hour long video conference with 2 VP's back to back (30 mins each). They mostly asked behavioral and fit questions, with an emphasis on why Goldman. The people were very friendly for the most part and were willing to take questions at the end.

Investment Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Did a Hirevue interview with mostly fit questions. I applied to GSAM in October and did a Hirevue interview about a month later. Only somewhat technical question was "Describe a time you analyzed a market trend." It felt a bit awkward speaking to a computer screen and I never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a time in which your teacher criticized you. How did you deal with this criticism and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Interview

Seemed rushed and uninterested. Had only women interviewers that seemed competitive and unwanting of a new intern. Rude phone call to notify of decision - "Please call us back so we can discuss the next steps" - Later... "We have decided not to proceed further"

Risk Management Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Irving, TX).

Interview

I had one phone interview with an associate from the firm. She asked me basic behavioral questions, very few technicals, how my past experience related to risk, and anything else I thought was useful for her to know. They then flew me down to Dallas to conduct two 2-1 back to back interviews

Financial Analyst - Private Wealth Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

One superday (4 interviews) if your school is not a core school. You have to do a lot of network so you can show your interest, and go to as many event's the company is hosting.

Interview Questions

• 1. what is duration?
      2. how would you approach a new client and convince her to come with us?
      3. One time you failed
      4. Why should I hire you?   Answer Question

Operations: Legal Entity Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

I got this interview through HR Parallel, a contract-employment feeder that works frequently with Goldman Sachs. There were two interviews with two people at a time. In each of the interviews there was a more experienced manager and a newer employee. Both of the more experienced managers exuded a weary and unhappy demeanor. Their attempts at joking or casual conversation were frigid and awkward. The less experienced employees seemed cowed and unwilling to say what they really thought.

I was pretty happy with the interview. I felt I had been asked tough questions, but that I gave acceptable answers. Three of the interviewers themselves were nice people, but I could tell they were uncomfortable being completely open with me. The one other, the first manager I talked with, was cold and incessant.

The feedback I received from the interview process was unacceptable dodging. I was told I did not answer the interviewer's questions, that it seemed I did not want the job, and that my lack of professional experience was a detriment. I did answer their poor questions, I did want the job, and my lack of professional experience is due to the procurement of a JD (which included professional internship work). On the whole a disappointing experience.

Interview Questions

• Was there ever a time where you had to talk with your supervisor about a project that was not working out or about which you had a disagreement   1 Answer
    • How would your past supervisors describe you?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The interview took place over a span of 2 months. The first interview was on campus and the second was a superday. The first interview was a great experience and the people were great. PWM is very fit based and they want to get to know you more than anything else. The first interview had 2 people in it and was 30 minutes in length. The superday was 4 back to back interviews with 2 people in each interview. Each interview was 30 minutes in length. The superday was great, and everyone I interviewed with was very welcoming.

My biggest piece of advice- be able to talk about the markets in-depth and just be genuine.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the markets, how would you invest one-million dollars and why, and some behavioral questions.   Answer Question