Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process took around 4 months. GS came out to my campus to recruit future grads. First interview was a recorded Hire Vault interview...then a few weeks later, I received an email saying that they wanted me to fly out for 3 (30 min) back to back interviews...I ended up interviewing with 5 GS workers. They were all amazing and I really enjoyed speaking with all of them. I originally applied for a PT position but they wanted me FT. A month or so later, I had a phone interview with the VP in a different office for a FT position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & Fit Questions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a process that you've made more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Rank Customer Service, efficiency, and risk management in order of importance   Answer Question
    • Describe my background (a lot in regards to my resume)   Answer Question
    • Do you fit the leader role? Give an example of projects that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of when you've had to adjust who you are in order to fit into a situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question
    • Describe risk management   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied for Dallas, Salt Lake City, and New York City. Interviewed in person in Salt Lake City. Did an online webcam interview and was then invited in for an in-person interview, 3 rounds. Very nice office and very nice group of people. Interviewing was very straightforward and a lot of the resources available to prepare were provided by GS online.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

Interviewed online through Hirevue and was invited to the SLC office for a superday. Three back-to-back interviews, 30 minutes each. Each round had two interviewers who asked a series of behavioral questions, situational questions, and questions about previous internship/work experiences.

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in January 2017.

Interview

Two phone interviews, then flown to GS offices for two two-on-one interviews and one one-on-one interview. I was asked to explain a little about myself and my resume in each interview, as well as why I was interested in GS. Interview questions were scenario-based, knowledge-based, and descriptive; each question was well thought out and deliberate. Interviewers were happy to clarify their questions and asked excellent follow up questions.

Interview Questions

• Reason for being interested in finance   Answer Question
    • Describe a time when you had to analyze and present findings on risk   1 Answer
    • How do you deal with adversity and challenges   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted for a hirevue interview about 3 weeks after I applied. After the hirevue interview, one week later I was invited for a superday in the NY office. Interviews were good. Back to Back. One interview was 2 on 1, the rest 1 on 1.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to sort out a conflict at work   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online through Goldman Sachs' website, and they sent me the link for video interview. Thus, I had to go to a quiet room to do my video interview. Generally, they ask you 6 or more 7 questions. Interviewee has about 2:30 or 3 min to answer those questions. I think it was a 30 sec break or 15 sec break before you start recording your answers. It helped me to prepare what I wanted to say. However, when the time ends, it immediately passes to the next question. No going back or whatsoever. Thus, may have to be succinct of what you are saying.

Interview Questions

• Q. What would you do if you have a conflict with your senior manager?   Answer Question
    • Q. How do you solve conflict with teammates?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2016.

Interview

Invited to take part of a super day in Salt Lake City. Consisted of 3 back-to-back interviews with 1-2 interviewers each. All the questions were the exact same as what I found on Glassdoor. They were incredibly friendly and conversational. Know your resume well and be able to apply whatever you're studying to operations.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled low performers when working on group assignments?   Answer Question