Goldman Sachs Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 13, 2017

2.9

424 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Analyst Interview

Interview

Digital Interview that consisted of hirevire asking questions from the corporate office. Answered on video and the video is sent to the recruiter. Not a bad interview just be ready for situational questions and topics.

Interview Questions

• Your working on a private project with a manager and another manager wants to see the project to help them? How do you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

First round is done through an online software called HireVue. You are given 30 secs to prep for an answer after you receive the question, then 2 minutes to respond. MAX time: 30 minutes. Second Round: Three 30-minute interviews

Interview Questions

• Your classmate was very sick and could not make it to class/study. They tell you they have access to a copy of the final exam you are about to take. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied through website, answered questions via online video recording, then 3 30-min in-person interviews at the Jersey City office. Emphasis on teamwork experience, questions were all very straightforward and overall it was a great experience.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

The first Interview is done through HireVue software. In this software, you are given a fix amount of time to prepare your answer and a fix amount of time to respond to the question. Your response is only recorded once, and you cannot re-record. If you do well you fly out to location for Super Day (3 30 minute interviews)

Interview Questions

• One question asked about what I was interested in learning and if I pursued learning more about a specific topic.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

I was given 3 days to complete a hire view interview (online interview). I had a total of 6 questions and was being interviewed for two different positions. The hire view website allowed you to practice questions prior to the interview and this was helpful.

Interview Questions

• What would you do to figure out what students were struggling with the most at your college campus?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email a week or two later to do a Hirevue online interview which was mostly behavioral, not too hard. Just got selected to go to a superday next week.

Interview Questions

• If your friend had final exam answers, what would you do if they offered you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in November 2017.

Interview

Super straightforward, fairly simple questions: low amount of mathematical reasoning, mostly behavioral/situational. Know your resume and be prepared to describe in detail what you did and enjoyed/disliked about each. Interviewers are very resourceful and explained my questions throughly. Be yourself and relax, if you aren't you look unprofessional or may be lying about an experience.

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Application

Interview

HireVue then one-two weeks later I was contacted through email for an in- person interview. The night before the interview there was a reception where we meet current first year employees and got to learn more about the company and the workplace. Typically hear back after 2 weeks from the in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How would you find out how many parking meters are in Downtown Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
    • Rank these three things in order of importance: risk management, efficiency, customer service.   Answer Question
    • If you were working on a project with team members who had opposing ideas, how would you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Why would you like to work with GS? Specifically Operations? Specifically Salt Lake City?   Answer Question
    • How did you go beyond a project to better enhance your abilities in an area that was not your strongest?   Answer Question
    • HireVue: Why Operations?   Answer Question
    • HireVue: If you were working on a project with international students how would you promote inclusivity and how would you stop and resistance?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

I had a HireVue interview with GS with about 3-4 days to prep. I was initially recruiting for Compliance, but the head recruiter for our school told me there is no vacancy for compliance, so I switched my first choice to Operations at last minute.

Interview Questions

• If you see your boss doing something that is conflicting to your integrity or a company's integrity, what is your thought process and what would you do?   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Jersey City, NJ).

Interview

Applied online, did HireVue, then was invited to Superday. Three 30 minute one-on-one interviews back to back to back. Mainly behavioral/fit type questions. Haven't heard back yet (36 hours later), but am assuming I won't be given an offer unless told otherwise.