Goldman Sachs Operator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 5, 2017

466 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

PWM Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in July 2017.

Interview

1-2 interviewers with 2 30 minute sessions. The recruiting agent told me to come on the wrong day of the week resulting in me spending another day in Salt Lake. The E-mail confirmation had the correct day, but I entered the day on my calendar during the phone call. Double check the dates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in June 2017.

Interview

Two 30 min interviews. The Interview is not hard without technical questions. They focus on behavior questions and team experience. If you spend time to prepare these questions, it won't be a difficult interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

Process took a couple weeks. I applied through a recruiting agency and they sent my information to Goldman Sachs. I was notified a week later that I would receive an interview. The interview was a little overwhelming, as it was my first professional interview. There were two 30 minute interviews with two people from the team that was hiring for the position.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Operations?
      Describe a time you worked within a team.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview was through HireView and a few weeks later I got s second round interview which was more technical. If you are prepared, the interview questions are not that hard.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I sent in my application then received an email asking me to complete a 5 question video interview. After that was submitted they sent me an email telling me they wanted me in SLC for more interviews.

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

The whole process took 2 months. After a month did the Hirevue virtual interview, and a week later received superday invitation. A lot of behavioral/fit questions and scenario-based ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe an event where you had to deal with diversity.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in March 2017.

Interview

I did a HireVue interview and the went on to the Superday in Salt Lake City. I am pretty sure I landed the interview because I had a great rapport with an interviewer I met a month before the interview process.

Interview Questions

• You went to X school, I went to Y and have visited your school a few times and I wish I went to your school. Why would you want to work in Operations?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in February 2017.

Interview

Digital Interview: 30 seconds to listen to the question and 2 minutes to reply. The system is called Hire Vue and provides practice questions beforehand. These are very different from the actual ones.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act under time pressure and immediately. Tell us about the risk assessment and the outcome.   Answer Question

Operational Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Interview process took around 4 months. GS came out to my campus to recruit future grads. First interview was a recorded Hire Vault interview...then a few weeks later, I received an email saying that they wanted me to fly out for 3 (30 min) back to back interviews...I ended up interviewing with 5 GS workers. They were all amazing and I really enjoyed speaking with all of them. I originally applied for a PT position but they wanted me FT. A month or so later, I had a phone interview with the VP in a different office for a FT position.

Interview Questions

• Behavioral & Fit Questions.   Answer Question
    • Describe a process that you've made more efficient?   Answer Question
    • Rank Customer Service, efficiency, and risk management in order of importance   Answer Question
    • Describe my background (a lot in regards to my resume)   Answer Question
    • Do you fit the leader role? Give an example of projects that you've worked on.   Answer Question
    • Describe an example of when you've had to adjust who you are in order to fit into a situation.   Answer Question
    • Describe a mistake that you've made.   Answer Question
    • Describe risk management   Answer Question

Operations Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (Salt Lake City, UT) in January 2017.

Interview

I'm sharing my experience here to end this confusing experience. I applied online via their website. Then, I did a video recording interview by the link they sent me. After a month, I received a notification of Superday to fly to SLC. I was studying abroad, so I was not able to fly to SLC and GS HR arranged an online interview. The Miss HR was very bad at replying emails, which took her 1 week to reply about appointment time.
    The interview had three rounds, and each round was 30 min. The whole process was basically some behavioral questions and some random questions on their mind.
    The first interviewer was nice and opened-up, who gave me some suggestions about personal development and mindset. The second round were two guys, which asked me some technical questions irrelevant to my position. The third guy were very careless. He basically said I'm tired after all these rounds of interviews. He rarely looked at camera ,and asked difficult questions. Plus, he was not answering my questions.
    After two weeks, I received a call about confirming my personal info, which sounds like the position was basically secured. After one day, the Miss HR sent me an impatient email that asked me to call back. After calling back, she just carelessly told me I didn't get the intern and the reason cannot be told.
    These two phone calls made me very confused. I'd say GS a prestige firm, and its board shares lots of wealth. Unfortunately, the staff there failed to be intelligent enough to know that the world is not around them for being a normal worker there.