Goldman Sachs Sales and Trading Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.2

28 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

on campus interview and then a super day with 3 people for about 30 minutes each. Although they have currently changed the process to include use of a software which they call hire vue. That's about it. It is pretty straightforward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Started from 2pm, 4 interveiwers. Just behavioral questions, your previous projects, academic works, internships, how did you get along with your manager and teammates. The interviewers are very nice and helpful. Travel fees are reimbursed.

Application

Interview

The interview was at their NYC location. Arrived and was sent to 3 back to back 30 minute interviews. It was mostly behavioral questions and the interviewers had to ask certain questions, seemingly to make the process more fair. Other questions were basic why are you interested in sales and trading, what stories are you following in the news, what are you studying/interested in, etc. Very few if any technical questions

Sales & Trading Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied to Goldman through my school's career website. I spoke with a few people over the phone and email - was granted a 2:1 video interview. After this round, me and one other kid were invited to "non-target" superday. Even though my school is ranked in the top 25 based on US News & World report, we weren't considered a target which I was surprised about. The superday went really well and I honestly thought I crushed it...but my friend and I both found out the next day that we didn't get offers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Whats .05 of a million? Pitch me a stock. Tell me something you worked on during your internship last summer? Tell me a time you worked with a team. Where do you think the market is going? What's a story you have been following? If you were any animal, what you you be?   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

Had a 30 minute interview. Asked about what I do in school and also asked a few brainteasers. Was very aggressive, faced two interviewers, and one was one his phone the entire time. They will push you to explain things in different ways and also to adapt to surprise questions. Wanted to know why I cared about finance.

Interview Questions

• How would you find the heaviest ball out of 7 balls with the least number of weighings?   1 Answer

Sales & Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in February 2015.

Interview

Interviewed on the phone after applying online to three selected sub-divisions of my choice. I was emailed back about two months later from a recruiter that they would set up a phone interview. I was surprised when the email said I will be interviewing for Sales & Trading as it was not in my three choices. I was interviewed a recruiter for about 20 minutes, then 2 weeks after I was told that they will not proceed with my candidacy.

Interview Questions

• 1. Walk me through your resume
      2. Tell me about leadership skills you have
      3. What was a recent article in the WSJ that caught your attention?
      4. Why Sales & Trading and not any other branch?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs (New York, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

I was contacted 24 hours before my interview, and was given an interview for Sales and Trading even though I applied for Investment Banking. I was called fifteen minutes after the planned time. I was asked various questions, including to explain certain terms, relevant experience, and to pitch a stock.

Summer Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs in December 2014.

Interview

Applied Online. Had 3 Phone interviews as a part of Round one: 2 from Hong Kong office and 1 from Mumbai office. Waiting for the results. Applied in Oct and got a call for interview in Dec. Its been more than a month and I have not heard back. So a small advice: Have patience.

Interview Questions

• Put-Call Parity, Futures and Options, Beta of a stock, Sharpe Ratio. Other questions were behavioral and based on current financial markets (Basic)   Answer Question

Sales and Trading Summer Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Goldman Sachs.

Interview

The first round consisted of mainly behavioral questions and a few technical questions regarding the market.

Interview Questions

• Summarize what the US economy has been doing over the last year   Answer Question

Analyst - Sales and Trading Interview

Interview

There were four total interviews. First round interview was a single interview with one person on my college campus. The final round interviews were on site. There were two people per interview for three total interviews. The first were behavioural and the others were technical. Goldman Sachs has a very low acceptance rate.